• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's do something different ladies!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 296 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Seems like all we do on here is post our problems and other's uplift or relate. I am NOT condeming that (I do it!), but sometimes I think we need to stop focusing on what difficulties and issues are blocking our path today and focus on the good things. I am struggling to be a step mom to teen boys (Have MERCY!) and I know how it drains your joy and drains you physically, spiritually, and mentally. Ladies if you are a Christian stepmom and you and your husband stand for God YOU ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE. It IS a spiritual warfare. Especailly if the BM is NOT a Christian. God's word plainly says "A cheerful heart is good medicine." I think we all need a bit of "good medicine". I do. So let's do this...Reply to this post with the best memory you have with your husband. Whether it be the first date or something totally funny that happened last night. Focusing on the love we have for our husbands will renew your spirit and your mind. So let's hear it ladies! What 'cha gotta say?!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
djscinnabun
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM

So hard to narrow it down to just one, so many great memories! The morning we learned we were expecting a child together, hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday, hiking waterfalls on our honeymoon, dancing to our song at our wedding with my daughter and stepsons and our families surrounding us, our first date... I could go on and on! But one of my absolute favorites has to be when he asked me to marry him. I was so annoyed because he was close to two or more hours late for meeting me at my apartment to leave for a trip he'd planned for us to drive to Mall of America and the MN state fair - it was Labor Day weekend, so I tried to consider maybe traffic (we lived two hours apart) or some kind of accident or emergency that would explain why he hadn't called or arrived. Turns out he'd been with my parents the whole time, he'd wanted to ask their blessing before asking me to marry him and hadn't called because he didn't want to lie to me about where he was! I had no idea until he proposed and my dad texted me a picture that showed my parents having given their blessing! 

SouthernMom2012
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Awe!! That's so sweet!! Where did yall go on your honeymoon to hike waterfalls?! That sounds gorgeous!!

whatIknownow
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband installed new ink cartridges in my printer this morning. When I saw how easy it was for him to do, I realized I could have done it myself. He did it cheerfully. It took him several minutes because there are 5 cartridges and afterward he checked to make sure it worked (printer had to charge). He did it before he left for work and was on his way out the door when I called to him, "honey, can you change the ink in my printer?"

He always takes care of me. He didn't say "can't you just do that yourself?' He never says that. He stops what he's doing and takes care of me.

He is so much better than I deserve as a husband. He makes me really want to be a good wife. I know he was sent by God (I know for reasons that are a long story!).

Anyway...  I sure am blessed.

djscinnabun
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Due to custody schedules with the kids, we couldn't go far or for very long, we spent about three days near Munising MI - to my surprise there are many beautiful waterfalls tucked away in the beautiful woods up near Lake Superior there - it was absolutely breathtaking! We very much enjoyed our retreat into the wilderness, taking our time hiking with no rush or deadlines etc. We also detoured off to another area, Tequomenon Falls on the last day, which was also an adventure in itself!

(PS - very family friendly camping areas if any of you ever wanted to venture out with the whole family up this way!)

Quoting SouthernMom2012:

Awe!! That's so sweet!! Where did yall go on your honeymoon to hike waterfalls?! That sounds gorgeous!!

Goofylife
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was raised to open doors, carry things for me and generally be a gentleman.  Those little things really do mean so much to me.  Plus, now that I am pregnant, he is cleaning, cooking and even cleaning out the cat litter box and never complains. He is also a wonderful Dad who parents his son so that I don't have to get involved in any of that and can just enjoy being friends with my SS.  He is wonderful and I thank God for him every day.

Godlymom87
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome Idea loveeee it! My best memory of my husband is when I came to visit him (we had a long distance relationship) and he bought me a promise ring that had about 40 little diamonds in it. He had me follow him in the room he sat me on his lap and told me every diamond in this ring simbolizes measure of love he has for me ( may not be his excact words but close). I remember thats the first time really beliving in my heart that he truly loved me. That same ring ended up being my engagement ring he just took it off the finger next to my ring finger told me he was having it cleaned the day before christmas and on christmas he woke me up with him on one knee and proposed (I refused to let him buy me a new engagement ring cause I told him I wouldnt wear it)

RunnerGal33
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
When we were dating, my husband was an extreme texter (still is, really). His texts to me sort of became the modern version of love letters. I still remember some of the things he said that were romantic and special just for us.... He also leaves for work waaay before I get up, but he still kisses me and says he loves me, without fail, every morning.

Thank you for this post; It has helped me focus on his wonderful qualities, even when I'm not so happy with him - LOL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)