Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer Please!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 205 Total Views
Hey all, I am feeling a bit desperate and lost right now. I literally have no one else to pray about this subject, so I'm asking the prayer warriors on this site!

My husband has been working on a job thought the week in Memphis. On the weekends, he comes home. Last weekend, we had the kiddos (his kids); this weekend, we were only able to get them for Friday night. I've still been picking hem up on the appointed nights during the week to make sure their lives aren't disrupted too much, but he is absolutely consumed with rage.

I know he is frustrated that he can't see them but he blew up at me for a simple request because he said I was being incredibly selfish. Now, he is enraged at his ex because she won't let him have the kiddos anymore this weekend. I tried to talk with him about it, to advise that he should have a plan and be assertive to his ex but not angry. His words were "I'm tired of coddling everyone. This world needs more anger to get things done." I've been praying for his heard heart and anger but it is spiralling out of control and putting a wedge between us. Please, ladies! Prayers and advice in how to handle this would be awesome!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RunnerGal33
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Sorry for typos - I am typing on the phone!
djscinnabun
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

You got it! Praying for peace and patience for your own heart as you continue to pray for and support him while he struggles with this weakness. (((hugs))) Hang in there - God Bless!

RunnerGal33
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Thank you! Your prayers are definitely working. My husband is really grappling with this anger and I know he's starting to feel God's conviction to look towards Him for strength. Yay - God is awesome!!
sonshining
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Oh gosh, do I hear you! I am praying for your husband's anger to be squelched by the power of God. He can and will take care of your husband's rage. Trust me, my husband has anger issues and I've had to many times go to the Lord and ask for help in dealing with it. Stay faithful, I will keep praying, God Bless, Monica

RunnerGal33
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Thank you, Monica. In all the posts, you and djscinnabun always seem so positive, even with any/all issues you've dealt with. I know it probably sounds trite, but you ladies are truly an inspiration to me :) Thank you for being encouragement to me!!! 

sonshining
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh sure. And here's what we as stepmoms share. Often we will be made to feel we are being selfish, and sometimes just plain told we are. However, we have needs and feelings and if we are upfront about them, we might come across to our husbands as selfish. I had a hard time with this when I first got married. Pray about your response before you speak to your husband and pray it will land on an understanding heart. I learned this from Stormie Omartians book, "The Power of a Praying Wife"

RunnerGal33
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I've read that book and am praying fervently :) You hit the nail exactly on the head that I come across as selfish  to him. And I definitely will keep praying about my responses and his heart! Hope your day is really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)