Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome!

Posted by on May. 6, 2007 at 8:05 PM
  • 82 Replies
  • 2860 Total Views
1 mom liked this
This is an open forum for any Christian who is struggling with the challenges and celebrating the joys of being "another mom" to someone else's kids.

I am married to a man who was married before, and had one daughter within that marriage. He and his ex-wife divorced when she was under 2, and I met him a year and a half later.

I love him and believe that God meant for us to be together. I didn't realize how much He was going to ask me to grow, though, by giving me a stepdaughter and an ex-wife!

My SD is now 9 and I have two boys of my own, ages 2 and 6 months.

Please post your story and how we can support you in your current situation. Please support others in their laughter and tears.

Please keep in mind that this is meant to be a place of welcome and support, not to disparage others, including bio-moms!

Thanks ... looking forward to talking!
by on May. 6, 2007 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4girls
by New Member on May. 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Hi.  I'm Charity and here's a little of our background.
My husband and his ex were divorced when their daughter was two years and a month.  We started dating six months later and got married the next year.  We now have three other girls.  Our girls are 8,3,19mos, and 2 mos.  We are both Christians and are raising our girls according to the Bible the best we can.  Thanks for starting this group.  I think it will really be great.
l_lowery81702
by New Member on May. 6, 2007 at 9:15 PM
Hi I'm Lisa I'm 23 I'm married to a man who was married before. He and his ex divorce when his daughter was 3. We went out a few months after. He proposed to me that first date. 11days later we were married and have been for almsot 5 yrs now.

Now, SD is 8 and DH and I have a 3 yr old son together. I wish I could say our relationship with his ex was good. But we constantly pray for SD's sake she'll clean up and become the type of mother we all strive to be in life whether with our bio-kids or step-kids.

I love my SD like she were my own and a while back DH and I even started to consider me adopting her.

lynn96
by New Member on May. 6, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Hi I'm lynn.  I am 34 and have been married to my DH for 10 1/2 years.  We meet a few months after his divorce but didn't date until a year later.  Our first date I meet my stepkids.  SS had just turned 3 and SD was 5.  I knew after that date that we would be married.  6 months later we married.  I also wish that we had a good relationship with biomom but it wasn't meant to be.  51/2 years ago we got full custody of the kids.  biomom is only allowed to see them within 25 miles of us and isn't allowed to have anyone with her.  We have two bio kids a girl and a boy.  They are 9 and 6.  It hasn't been easy but we have blended pretty well.  All of the kids are my kids regardless of biology.  We are a Christian family and I continue to try and help the kids with their walk.  Many challenges because of what they have been through but I continue to try and model a christian forgiveness and love.  Trust me it is not easy. 

Thank you so much for starting this group.
cherylmoore
by on May. 6, 2007 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

hi ladies...  so glad to find this group and this site...  i had no idea something like this was out there...  i have been married 6 months to the man of my dreams...  i have no children of my own, but he has a 9 year old daughter...  the issues we go thru with his ex-wife are a nightmare...  im trying to hard everyday with God's help to not completely lose it with this woman...  plus i am trying to find the best way possible to show my sd that i love her and truly want to build a relationship with her...  looking forward to getting to know all of you...  cheryl

nattyrf511
by on May. 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM
hi ladies, I'm sorry but I just can't post my story because it's way to long and complicated but it's on my page and it's called Our Family's Struggle

Thank u for starting this group, many blessings!
momandstepmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi,
I am married now 4 years to a wonderful Christian man.  he has two childen 13 and 10 years old.  we are pregnant with a boy due in May.  I love my stepchilden- they are wonderful, but the BM has never tried to get along with me due to her own issues.  makes it difficult as a Christian.  she is not a Christian and tends to make fun of our beliefs.  it is also difficult that the kids live in two different worlds with different values.    I struggle with my feelings toward her when she does hurtful things.  looking forward to talking with you all.
l_lowery81702
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Quoting nattyrf511:

hi ladies, I'm sorry but I just can't post my story because it's way to long and complicated but it's on my page and it's called Our Family's Struggle

Thank u for starting this group, many blessings!
lol Ditto I just put general info b/c if I wrote the tale of how I became a step-mom it'd look like I was writing the Odyssee(sp?) Wink
speechmomma
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Thanks for sharing some of your stories! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and hope we can support each other! Laura
SoulfulMommy
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Okie so I put this same post in the tells a little about yourself section but saw everyone putitng there stories here as well so I just put it here too incase lol I am looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing.

Hey all my names Kelli I am a 24 yr old SAHM. I can't vote on the poll cause my situation is not listed I have one step child who lives with us and 4 who don't my husband is ten years older then me was married for a long time and had four children with his ex-wife they had a rough relationship and he ended up having a child with another woman. His situation was complicated but eventually he got back on track for the Lord and with his life. The Lord brought me and my DH together almost 4 years ago now feel like so much longer lol. My oldest Kaylin is my SD I have been raising her for three years this July she is a God send to me. She caused me to become a sahm shortly after I became pregnant with my first Samantha she is 21 months now and I am pregnant with my second also a baby girl she is due two days after Sammi's 2nd b-day in august. We really want a boy so its still in the air if we will eventually try for another this pregnancy was not planned so it was a surprise but the Lord is full of those lol. All our kids get along and love each very much my girls only get to see there oldest two sibilings Jeremy who is 16 and Gina who is 14 the other two boys Jared and Jason are handicapped and adopted by other families another long story but my husbands ex-wife is a selfish woman but the boys are loved and cared for greatly and it is a blessing for those who have adopted them to have them. So thats my situation lol hope it didn't confuse anyone. I am excited you started this group its a blessing tobe surrounded by other christian women in similar situations so you don't feel so alone in the world. God Bless. =D
BeckyBean
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 6:57 PM
My name is Becky, I'm 21 and I have 6 year old stepdaughter. My husband and I have been married for 11 months! We don't have any kids of our own, yet! My husband was married before...but it was a bad situation. He got a girl pregnant when he was 20 and she was 18, so when their daughter was 2 they finally got married. He says he only did it so his daughter would have a family. Shortly after they got married she started cheating...a lot of drama happened... we met a couple months after she left him. We started dating right around the time she told him she was 5 months pregnant w/ another man's baby! A few months later they were divorced and a few months after that we were married! I hit it off w/ my stepdaughter from day one! Her and I are best friends and I love her like she's my own! Her mom is very jealous and hates me. I can't blame her... when her daughter was 4 and met me for the first time she went home and said to bm "I want Becky to be my mom instead. She's prettier and skinnier and she plays with me and reads to me!" That didn't go over very well. Now we get to see SD most weekends... I've talked to BM a couple times. We've had our words...she talks bad about us in front of SD.... I've never said anything bad about her to SD, but she's a smart girl. She had it all figured out when she was 4! She told me "Don't worry Becky. My mom is just really jealous of you and she hates you. But I love you!" :) She never had a close relationship w/ her mom. Her dad pretty much did everything....but when her mom took her and left she was forced to be w/ her. So they have a pretty good reltionship now...i guess. They just watch tv all the time! When she's over here I do everything. She's very attatched to me... usually more than her dad. But she's still the same daddy's girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)