Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is an open forum for any Christian who is struggling with the challenges and celebrating the joys of being "another mom" to someone else's kids.

I am married to a man who was married before, and had one daughter within that marriage. He and his ex-wife divorced when she was under 2, and I met him a year and a half later.

I love him and believe that God meant for us to be together. I didn't realize how much He was going to ask me to grow, though, by giving me a stepdaughter and an ex-wife!

My SD is now 9 and I have two boys of my own, ages 2 and 6 months.

Please post your story and how we can support you in your current situation. Please support others in their laughter and tears.

Please keep in mind that this is meant to be a place of welcome and support, not to disparage others, including bio-moms!

Thanks ... looking forward to talking!
by on May. 6, 2007 at 8:05 PM
Replies (81-82):
grace65251
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
This is my very first time using this board. This is also the first Christian board I have seen. I am 25 and am recently engaged to a divorced man who is 34 with an almost 12 year old daughter. My to-be step daughter is an amazing kid! I have been really struggling with the reality of what being a step mom and second wife entails. I've spent many tearful, angry, lonely, and frightened days thinking about this lately. Most of the the things I have seen on the internet while trying to educate myself have been very negative and discouraging. It is a true blessing to find this
group and to hear a hopeful and supportive message from Christian women. I look forward to being a part of this group. Thank you!
Stepmom208
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Hello...I'm so excited to have found this group! Thank you for starting it. I married DH 2 1/2 years ago, and have two wonderful SD's ages 5 +7. The bio parents split about 6 months prior to DH and I meeting. We married 3 months after meeting, and he's wonderful... man of my dreams. I relocated (across the country) when we married. The relationship with BM is very tense, she seems very angry and bitter. DH and I would like a good relationship with her for the sake of the children (and also for the sake of stress levels), but it just is not possible right now. Hopefully, with time. Needless to say, the transition has been challenging, but with God's help miraculous. Just reading posts with other stepmoms helps a bunch, thanks! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)