Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do with an 11 yr old...

So I picked up my sd yesterday to spend time with her and every time I or my husband ask her a question her response is " I don't know."
Or one word answers and this isn't new she has always been like this and it's kind if frustrating at times. SD is book smart but I'm beginning to think she lacks personality.
I tried to have a convo with her yesterday about her future, I asked her where she wants to go to hs and what interests her. SD responds, "I don't know " My response what do you think you want to do after school, do you like art, design, building stuff, animals etc. SD responds " I don't know get a job"
It bothers me and my husband bc she doesn't seem to have any interests or goals at all! No aspirations , she just stats on her iPod most if the day unless she's playing with my daughter or son or watching tv.
Not sure what to do or how to make a connection when she seems to lack anything social... DH is concerned she's not all there considering her mother isn't.

Any tips would be helpful!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-12):
MommySzkotnicki
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
TIPS not ignorant remarks from simple minded ppl
djscinnabun
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this

DH gave a semon last week that I feel could be applied not only to the original post, but also to the comments and replies herein. 

We, especially as Christians, should use caution in our own assessment or judgement of a situation AND in accusing others of the same. We were each created individually and with a purpose, we may not always understand or agree with another's place or point but we should still seek to respect those differences.

In God's peace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN