Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fill in the blank...

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 655 Total Views
My biggest challenge right now in being a stepmom is ...

Please pray for me so that I ...

Here is mine!

My biggest challenge right now is having positive communication with bio-mom.

Please pray for me so that I don't make it "about me" and so that I can put my SD's interests ahead of my own frustration/pride/whatever!

Thanks!! Add yours!

Laura
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momandstepmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:45 PM
my biggest problem right now is also having positive communication with BM.  I want to, but she has difficulty and tends to say very negative things about me to kids.  luckily they defend me and tell her it is not nice.  I struggle with feeling of hurt and anger when she acts like this. 
l_lowery81702
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 10:28 PM
My biggest challenge right now in being a stepmom is the BM and her reckless and harmful ways.

Please pray for me so that I or DH can get thru to BM peacfully that she needs to be a better role model for SD and her well being in the present and future.

<><Lisa

nattyrf511
by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:57 PM
My biggest challenge right now in being a stepmom is letting go of the pain and betrayel I feel. I feel like I had to deal with all the hard stuff that comes with raising a baby and child and now she gets the benefit of a respectful, polite very intelligent, pottytrained, trilingual , child that loves to read and she goes around taking all the credit for it when she's only been with him for almost a yr.(this) May 30th and can barely speak English not to mention Spanish or French. I was the only mom he knew for the first 4 yr.s of his life and she gets all the mother's days and all the praises for "her child" and he doesn't even as much as acknowledge me any more. His mom is now every thing to him, and I'm pretty much there waiting for him to allow me to love him.

Please pray for me so that I can let go of the resentment, I feel it weighing my spirit down and making me bitter. I hate it!

speechmomma
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 10:43 AM
Hey natty, Wow, I can understand why you are resentful. I will pray that these feelings aren't eating at you and making you bitter, and that you feel peace knowing that your little guy needs love from ALL his parents, and will know and appreciate your love, stability, and giving spirit toward him one day. It is so hard!!!! hugs, Laura
speechmomma
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 11:02 AM
It can get tricky, can't it? I will pray for you too! I'm glad you joined!
lovingmommyduty
by on May. 8, 2007 at 12:21 PM
My biggest challenge right now in being a stepmom is my relationship w/my stepson. 

Please pray for me so that I can be patient w/him.
                                                        God Bless,
                                                           ~Chey~
nattyrf511
by on May. 8, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Thank u ladies for ur love, support, and prayers.. Thank u for carring and I'm glad I joined too!
SoulfulMommy
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 5:03 PM
My biggest challange as a SM right now is similar to nattys in that the BM of my SD that lives with us and I have raised for 3 years and loved like my own is no kind of mom she hardly see's her by her own choice she wont keep a job or a home and bounces around with guys too although she has been with the same one for over a year or so now but anyways she disappears for 6 months no calls no nothing shows back up gets one visit with Kaylin and then calls up the other day wanting her for mothers day!!!!!!  Which she is not getting,so that started some fun stuff. Please pray that this situation does not get any bigger and cause  any troubles for Kaylin in disrupting her life or her happiness. Thanks and God Bless.
BeckyBean
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 6:45 PM
My biggest challenge as a stepmom right now is the BM! She's very fake...she tries to act nice sometimes and other times she says terrible things about me to SD and my husband! She's sent me very nasty emails, and yelled and cussed me out over the phone. I'm trying not to let her see how mad she makes me! It's just really hard. Please pray for me so that I know how to deal with her and have a positive influence on SD! I'm struggling with exactly what my role should be...how far can I go?
speechmomma
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Quoting BeckyBean:

My biggest challenge as a stepmom right now is the BM! She's very fake...she tries to act nice sometimes and other times she says terrible things about me to SD and my husband! She's sent me very nasty emails, and yelled and cussed me out over the phone. I'm trying not to let her see how mad she makes me! It's just really hard. Please pray for me so that I know how to deal with her and have a positive influence on SD! I'm struggling with exactly what my role should be...how far can I go?
Hey ... I totally sympathize with figuring out your role. In our family, BM is very controlling and still resents my DH a great deal. It took me several years to figure out how much to get involved. In fact, I'm still figuring it out! I just think it's got to be so hard on a kid whose parents don't get along. I pray that my SD will not bear long-lasting scars from some of the craziness that has happened over the years!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)