Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer Requests

Posted by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:11 PM
  • 62 Replies
  • 3014 Total Views
Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to make a separate post where we can put the prayer request of the moment!

Let us know how we can pray for you and your family!

Laura

by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylmoore
by on May. 19, 2007 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
please pray for my husband and i to be able to stop arguing about his ex wife...  she has a tendency to walk all over him where their daughter is concerned and he will not stand up to her because it will make it hard on his daughter...  i understand this but i get so frustrated sometimes and when i try to talk to him we wind up arguing...  how can i get him to see i just want whats best for his daughter...  sometimes i think i should just stop trying to change things and just go with the flow, but then i worry it will look like i dont care about her...  it is so hard being married to someone who has a child with someone else...  we have only been married 7 months and i am terrified this is going to tear our marriage apart...  i love my husband so much and i pray every day that our marriage will succeed...  should i keep pushing him to stand up to his ex or should i just keep my mouth shut becuase bottom line, it is not my child
blue_daisy_78
by on May. 20, 2007 at 6:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting cherylmoore:

please pray for my husband and i to be able to stop arguing about his ex wife...  she has a tendency to walk all over him where their daughter is concerned and he will not stand up to her because it will make it hard on his daughter...  i understand this but i get so frustrated sometimes and when i try to talk to him we wind up arguing...  how can i get him to see i just want whats best for his daughter...  sometimes i think i should just stop trying to change things and just go with the flow, but then i worry it will look like i dont care about her...  it is so hard being married to someone who has a child with someone else...  we have only been married 7 months and i am terrified this is going to tear our marriage apart...  i love my husband so much and i pray every day that our marriage will succeed...  should i keep pushing him to stand up to his ex or should i just keep my mouth shut becuase bottom line, it is not my child
My husband and I have been married for almost a year and I have 3 step-children.  It is EXTREMELY hard to be the step-mom, especially when you have such a stong opinion about how things should be.  I have learned to keep my mouth shut in certain situations and let my husband make the major decisions.  I always tell him, it is your decision and I will stand behind whatever you want to do.  I would also recommend praying for the situation with your husband and is ex.  There is a book that I am reading, slowly, but I'm getting through it.  :)  It's called, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martin and has great prayers that we can pray for our husbands.  Prayers from his sex drive to his purpose in life.  As women and wives, we have to take a different approach to our marriage and I really believe that we have a LOT more to put up with then the man does.  Especially because we are step-parents.  There is also a book out there called, "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggegrichs that we try to go through together.  It is about the fact that women desire love and men desire respect and when we aren't getting that from each other, things fall apart.  Anyway, I don't know if any of what I just said will work for you, but I will say a prayer for you guys!  God bless!
speechmomma
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2007 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this
I will pray for you on this one also. I feel the same way - it is very hard to get used to the "stepmom" role and figure out your own boundaries. It can be very tough on a marriage, especially when the two of you have different expectations. I have found that above all else, praying together and seeing a therapist to help us talk through these issues has helped us stay strong in our marriage.
cheriesmommy
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:15 PM
I too am a new stepmom and have found it difficult as well.  My stepdaughter's mom is very very sensitive and although I am sensitive i am also very laid back.  Therefore, things I do sometimes bother or hurt her and they are the things that if done to me I would not think twice about. I guess my prayer request is that I be able to find a balance between her sensitivity and my whatever works mentality.......

also off the subject but my husband and I are beginning to actively try to conceive and I would love some prayer that all goes smoothly...

Thanks
Tammie
Wherever I am I am Content! 
Blueyedbabiez
by on Aug. 20, 2008 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Just remember girls..yes, we are Step moms,  THEY stepped OUT, and WE stepped IN!!!  I am praying for all of you, I know how hard it is. It sucks sometimes and I don't have the answers. I just know that when we turn it over to God, he WILL be and IS there with us every single step   (no pun intended!) of our journey.

I am so proud of you girls!  Please don't give up, I know that this is not what God inteneded for us but I know we will be blessed through our decision and through our difficult times. Please just  hang in there. We have each other. We are not alone!

I am asking for prayers for my sister in law (husband's sister).  Her husband passed away a few weeks ago, he was only 38.  She's having a rough time.  She asked to come with us to harvest (www.harvest.org) but then backed out..same scenario every year or every time we make plans to bring her to church.  She is not a believer but I am not giving up hope.  My husband can't stand her but I still pray for her  and her children. She's now a single mother of 2 special needs children.  Please pray with me that God will soften and open her heart. I am terrified that she will end up on the other side. I want so badly for her to make a decision for Christ before it is too late. I thank you for your prayers.

God Bless us all.

Blueyedbabiez
by on Aug. 20, 2008 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this

hI have been there sweetie.  I'm praying for you tonight.  Please hang in there.  Hold on to Him and his children.  Remember how you were brought together in the beginning.  Turn the hurts, hang-ups and everything in between over to HIM.

If he brings you to it, he will bring you through it!!

All God's blessings and love to you hunny!! 

stepmaof4
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2008 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I would like to say after ten years of marriage it gets easier, but I won't lie.  I have four stepchildren, unfortunately by four different women. If you thought it was hard with one-try four! (Actually I DO NOT recommend it:P).  As a child of God I am so proud to say that if it weren't for Him, I would have left a long time ago. I have a loving husband who has stood by my side through 90% of the situations. He has always tried to make his children respect me. Although it is quite difficult when their biomom doesn't seem to think it is necessary for them to do so. We have been through a lot, are going through a lot right now, and will continue to go through a lot. Yet, I hang on to Isaiah 40:29-31 He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me (especially Stacy:)). I will continue to pray for you all.

To the young lady who just lost a relative and their spouse is not saved--I said an extra special prayer for you! Keep us posted-I want to know when she excepts Christ:)

Quela777
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

HI I'M LIND OF NEW TO THE CLUB AND HOPEFULLY WHOEVER SEES THIS PRAYER REQUEST WOULD TAKE A LITTLE MOMENT TO PRAY FOR A FRIEND OF MINE, HER NAME IS CINDY USHER SHE JUST HAD A STROKE, SHE IS YOUNG AND WE ARE WORIED FOR HER. PLEASE WOULD YOU PRAY FOR HER. THANK YOU. GOD BLES

QUELA777

DaisyMaisy
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I prayed for the prayer request for Cindy, the friend who had a stroke,  that God will take care of her and heal her. :-) I have a prayer request also. My oldest stepdaughter, graduated from college last month, and is home for a bit. She has been home since before Christmas. Tania has been away for a 4 1/2 years and now she will be a more active part of our lives again. And her father dotes on her. And she is used to having her way though she matured a lot while at college 9 hours from home. So I am feeling very fearful right now about the changes ahead and I ask prayer for strength, wisdom, courage, calmness...you name it, I need it!  :-)   Thanks so much!  God bless, CIndy

DaisyMaisy
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Hey, ladies, thanks for praying. Things are going pretty good. God bless you. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)