Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I feel bad?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 422 Total Views

Last night we were getting ready to take my ss14 back home to his bm's house... My dh said "ok its almost time to go. Do you have all your stuff together?" SS said "Yes, sir." Then I said "Nope, he is staying here I am kidnapping him" Of course I was laughing I would never do that but we were have such a great time I wasnt ready for the weekend to be over. :) But my ss face was lit up with happiness! And he said "YES!" It kinda made me feel really good that he wanted to stay! Its been a couple of years since he has said anything about wanting to stay here but I thought that he had changed his mind now that his dad works out of town and is only home a few days at a time. I didnt think that he would want to stay with me and his little brother? :) But then I started feeling bad, because my son went to live with his dad a few years ago and now we never see him because his dad and stepmonster has turned him against us. Which is something I would never do! I feel that pain ever second of everyday and I dont wish that on anyone..:(

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cindyrjj
by Member on Mar. 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Do not feel bad- you made him feel loved!! Its nice you have that relationship, and I am sorry about your own son. He will come to his senses and seek you out when he matures.  In the mean time, you are blessed w/ a loving relationship w/ your ss. Wish all step parents could word together and put the kid first. Seems to be an awful lot of selfishness in this area? Don't get it. We only have them for 18 short years!!

Again , you sound like a very loving person, your ss is a lucky guy!!

PinkBeauty001
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quoting cindyrjj:

Do not feel bad- you made him feel loved!! Its nice you have that relationship, and I am sorry about your own son. He will come to his senses and seek you out when he matures.  In the mean time, you are blessed w/ a loving relationship w/ your ss. Wish all step parents could word together and put the kid first. Seems to be an awful lot of selfishness in this area? Don't get it. We only have them for 18 short years!!

Again , you sound like a very loving person, your ss is a lucky guy!!

Thank you 💖
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 8, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I don't understand why you are asking if you should feel bad. Bad about what? Your SS is not actually staying with you, it was a joke. And I'm sure he knew that. He was going along with your joke. Why would you feel bad about the fact that he enjoys his visits? He was about as serious about moving in with you as you were about kidnapping him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)