Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Expecting" something for Valentine's Day

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Ok so today I got a call from SIL.  She made some small talk and then said she just wanted to let me know that Valentine's Day is comming up and Ariana (my SD) is"expecting stuff."  I repeated what she said and asked what stuff...  My SIL has started a sort of tradition with her girls where she gives her 2 daughters a lil something everyday for the 13 days before V-Day and then I guess their main gift on the 14th.  So she called me to tell me that SD is "expecting" the same for herself.  I just said ok and thank you.  She told me that if I needed any suggestions, she would be happy to give me some.  I just said thanks and we hung up. 

I love my SD and I always get her something for Valentine's Day.  Usually its a box of candy and a stuffed animal or smething cute like that, u know a lil toy or something.  But I was kinda annoyed at my SIL.  I know she wasn't trying to annoy me but I wanted to tell her to go ahead and include SD in her little tradition.  But I didnt say that I just said "ok thanks" with a smile on my face. 

Anyways... Thanks for letting me vent..

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
redneckstepmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM

If I where you I would have a talk with sd and tell her that may be how your sil does things but not how you guys do things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)