Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope In God's Word

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 9:50 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 2120 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Being a stepmom can be so overwhelming. Since we are Christian stepmoms, let's encourage each other with God's Word. Maybe this week we can share scriptures that have sustained us in this difficult role, or search the Bible this week for these scriptures. We can just keep adding to them and always have a post that we can turn to when we need encouragement.

Two that come to mind for me right now are these:

Psalm 84:6 "As they go through the Valley of Baca (weeping), they make it a place of springs." Thank you, Jesus, for the refreshment you bring in this wilderness of stepparenting!

Psalm 16:11 "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
I'm thankful that being in blended family is not all trials and sorrow. As we soak in God's presence through reading the Bible, prayer, and worship, Jesus shows us more clearly his love and grace, and brings joy to our families.
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glad2bMe
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 11:20 AM
6 moms liked this
This is my favorite scripture that has encouraged me throughout my life ~ it is truly my life verse.  I hope it brings some encouragement to someone today...    : )   ~ Linda

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold
of your right hand
and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 41:13
speechmomma
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2007 at 2:31 PM
5 moms liked this
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillippians  4:6-7

Alivia1977
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2007 at 7:29 AM
3 moms liked this
My favorite verse is:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

It really reminds me that we must go to God with our joys/sorrows/toughest decisions...because His ways are not our ways, and we need to trust and stay focused on Him to do right by others. ESPECIALLY when you are having an especially tough day as a step-mom! :)
Shenan1003
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2007 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Shenan,I am new.This scripture came to mind when I read your post.

"Let your light shine before men,that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven"
                           Matthew 5:16

I think as parents we have to set the best,right and Godly example for our children.Even the children we have been blessed to have in our lives.I have 3 step children and I know that they have to be confused with what is at mom's and what is at dad's.Example wise.I also have 3 bio kids.

frazzldstepmom
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2008 at 12:46 PM
That one is mine too posted right on my computer at work. It is a very hard job being a step mom. Some days I wonder how I will do it. I have 3 step daughters and one bio 6 year old son. Two girls are 12 year old twins and 1 is 16. Very different rules at home actually there are none. No Christians at home. So when they go back and forth it is like night and day.  We need prayer ladies but another verse that comes to mind is 1 John 2:6 Whosoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. I try hard to remind myself Jesus went thru a lot worse trials than me.  Sometimes I feel like a prisoner of the girls problems bad grades no effort in anything etc.  I love them and have been in their lives 7 years now but it effect my relationship with husband and son. Feel like everything revolves around their problems. HELP
Psalms3704
by on May. 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM
Ephesians 3:20-21

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

I'm so thankful that the Lord is working in our family. Even the hopes that I have not seen realized yet--I know that he is bringing good things about!
bluemorning15
by Member on May. 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I love that idea! I am always looking for scriptures that will speak to our unique situation. I think I will find some to add on.

Another tidbit: I'm a social worker in child protective services, and I was on call today. I had to go out on a call and it struck me how good I really have it in the stepmom department. I see a lot of blended families where biomom and biodad never talk, don't know anything about each other's lives, etc. And where stepparents are really uninvolved and aloof. I see so many times where dad is trying to make allegations to "get back at" mom for something, or where mom is drumming up trouble because dad isn't paying his child support as regularly as she'd like. The poor kids are the ones who suffer because their parents are being immature and petty. I am so thankful that my stepdaughters' moms and I can talk and share funny things the kids do, and that we all know what's going on in each other's lives. Of course we have our personal lives that we don't share with them, and of course I wouldn't exactly call them my friends, but my husband and I can at least tell you where they live, where they work, who they're dating or married to, etc. We know when the kids have school programs and what extra-curriculars they're involved in. I talked to a dad recently at work who didn't know what grade his daughter was in. I hope none of you are in that type of situation, but for those of us who have good working relationships with the "other" family, let us REJOICE! Because that is a gift only God could work out!
thill06
by Member on May. 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM
Thank you for your encouragement.  I really needed that.

onlyoneismine
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2008 at 3:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Back in December I was having a hard time dealing with my fiance's ex-wife so my soon to be mother in law wrote this scripture out for me and it has given me the encouragement

1Corinthians 10:13

"God keeps His promises, and He will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the same time you are put to the test, He will give you strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out."

I am new to this board and somewhat new to the whole stepmom thing.  I have on biological son, a stepson and a stepdaughter that live with us full time and then a stepdaughter that doesn't see us but EOW and holidays.
aspenmc
by Member on Aug. 5, 2010 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 SC. Oldest is 20 but very immature and also has a baby 20 months old. They are staying with us 3 months till they get an apt. When I want to blow up I try to remind myself of the scripture on my fridge. Luke 6:35-36. ... He is kind to the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful as your heavenly father also is merciful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)