Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope In God's Word

Posted by   + Show Post
Being a stepmom can be so overwhelming. Since we are Christian stepmoms, let's encourage each other with God's Word. Maybe this week we can share scriptures that have sustained us in this difficult role, or search the Bible this week for these scriptures. We can just keep adding to them and always have a post that we can turn to when we need encouragement.

Two that come to mind for me right now are these:

Psalm 84:6 "As they go through the Valley of Baca (weeping), they make it a place of springs." Thank you, Jesus, for the refreshment you bring in this wilderness of stepparenting!

Psalm 16:11 "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
I'm thankful that being in blended family is not all trials and sorrow. As we soak in God's presence through reading the Bible, prayer, and worship, Jesus shows us more clearly his love and grace, and brings joy to our families.
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Replies (31-34):
kowl
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM

The verse that means the most to me is:

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When my family finally seemed to be coming together and we were moving forward in our lifes, my sd, age 26, moved in with us and has turned the whole house upside down. 

This verse is one that I keep coming back to because God knows the reasons and knows the outcomes and he has not allowed this to happen to hurt our family but to bring about some good even though I can't see it now.  Every day is a challenge. Every day there is something new that she has done that I can't understand what in the world she is thinking.  We are to be God's light to her and this verse has helped me not to lash out when I so want to.

coo6
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM

That is one of my favorites. That peace is truly amazing.

Quoting speechmomma: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Phillippians  4:6-7

coo6
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I agree with you whole-heatedly. You know the interesting thing... All of these posts reminded me that God's word is truly alive and an ever present help. After reading a lot of these posts, I was totally surprised that many of these posts are from a long time ago. If any of you ladies have updates I would love to read them and rejoice with you! It can all be hard but I do know God will see us through. I know for myself. And, I keep telling myself that as well. We just have to hold on and know where our help comes from.

Quoting Caedmon:

Thank  you ladies for all the encouragement.  Today I needed to know I am not alone, that there are Stepmoms out there who struggle too.  Joined this site today and will take away the message to Choose Hope.  Grace, Peace and Love to you all, Hope from above to you all today.

Blessings,

Caed :)

momyoffive
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I have been a step mom for 6 years now. I went searching for a group like this because I need to be able to talk to someone who can relate to what I am going through. All of my dear friends here are very supportive but don't have a clue( that is a good thing in its own right). 

My husband's ex is a strange thing. She is nice, and we communicate well when things are going well, then she is mean and manipulative when she isn't getting her way. As I pray for peace and grace I also thank God for all that He has taught me in this situation. I am a lot stronger now than when I first started on this path. I hold on to Jeremiah 29:11-

"For i know the plans I have for you', says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." 

So I hope in the idea that someday I will live completely outside of the pain and the drama of a hurtful person who is also hurting inside. Maybe someday I can reach into her life and love her but right now its more like duck and cover!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)