Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

Have you ever caught your 99er cheating on homework or a test?

I just caught mine cheating.  He riped out a page from a book in the back of the room.  The page of course has all the answers on it.  He is apparently struggling in math and felt that instead of asking for help he would cheat.  We spent most of yesterday talking with our son about how dangerous cheating is.  

My husband is a teacher at the same school and is having a conference with the teacher this morning.  I am just shocked that my child could come up with this sort of plan.  He is entering into middle school next year and forunately he is going to be going to the same school that I work at.  This is just a huge slap in the face that my child is growing up.

Anyone else going through this?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amber0678
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

oh, hun, that stinks..mine is not, and i hope it stays  that way...sorry you are dealing with htis. and yes, i bet it does feel like a harsh reality check huh? they are growing up so fast, and changing so much...i often find myself looking at DS with a little sadness, because i know that all too soon, he will be a moody teenager, and not my sweet little boy...ugh, i'm drreading it.

Amberbig smile minimommy to 3 and one on the way!

lisajellybean
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:49 PM

hey sweetie, I have actually caught mine cheating but in a different way, i got a call from a mom who's daughter rides the same bus as my son, she said my son paid her daughter to do his homework lol I know right he was only 8 at the time. I was so shocked but also i found it funny. I had a nice talk with him & he now has to do his homework in front of me so I know he's not cheating again 

mrsmarianm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I thought it was funny too!  He had just done a paper on kids under the age of 18 committing life crimes and whether or not they can comprehend what they did was wrong.  So here I am thinking that my child is most likely going through regular 5th grade, adolescent stuff.  And here I see he is CHEATING!! Man when did he get to be that clever!! : )  Well the meeting went fine and he did receive a consequence from not only us parents but from his teacher as well.

I can't wait for middle school!!

Quoting lisajellybean:

hey sweetie, I have actually caught mine cheating but in a different way, i got a call from a mom who's daughter rides the same bus as my son, she said my son paid her daughter to do his homework lol I know right he was only 8 at the time. I was so shocked but also i found it funny. I had a nice talk with him & he now has to do his homework in front of me so I know he's not cheating again 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)