Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camp!! Anyone else kids away at summer camp?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Hey guys my 99er is away at camp. The first time away for a week to sleep in a tent. Went with the young woman from church. Hope she is having a good time.Anyone else kids away at camp? When you camp are you in a tent or cabin?

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HFBMOM
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My son asked about sleep-away camp this year, but we had already signed him up for a day camp that overlapped the one camp I was looking at for him. Hope your daughter is having a blast!

P.johnson
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh she had a great time away at camp.. She came back and taught her little sisters the songs she learned and it was fun. It was a different experience she sleep in a tent, they got rained on so funny. She can't wait to be a camp leader. They get to sleep in the cabins lol.

Hope your son enjoyes his day camp is it close to home?

HFBMOM
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It is about 5 miles away. It's pretty easy to get to - and it's only three afternoons a week. I wanted something low-key this year. He is suffering through it, and I'm pretty sure I won't be signing him up for any camps next year. His younger sister, loves the camp though, so it's not all a waste.

michellec814
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

He's not my 99er, but my 10 year old is at camp this week.  Its 2 hours away and not even in the same state!  He went with his cousin which is good, but I am hoping he is ok.  I am obsessively checking the camps facebook page to see if they post any pics, but they havent yet.  I hope he is doing ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)