Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your 9 yr old still believe in Santa?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

My son and my niece are the same age.  My niece has already figured out that her parents are "santa".  My son still whole-heartedly believes.  What are your thoughts on telling your child vs letting them find out on their own and at what age? 

christmas tree

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammie_jo78
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM

My daughter is not sure what she believes. i think in 4th grade they are all pretty much telling her he's not real.  But she said she really can't figure out how he got her bike into the house last year.  I'm not giving any hints because she has 3 younger siblings and I don't want it spoiled for them.

asiamommi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM

So she says. But I think she's afraid to day she doesn't and maybe not get presents.

ShellezCrazy3
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:01 PM

My 97 and 99'er still both believe.  And I tell them the same thing, cause they ask every year if I believe. 

I tell them that kids that "believe" santa will continue to bring them presents, but the kids that no longer believe their parents have to give them presents.  So, as long as they believe Santa will deliver.  They really buy it, and tell me they DO in fact believe.  We talk about it every year, and they end up laying out the facts on the table, and convince themselves he is real by trying to convince me that they still believe, because they WANT Santa to bring their gifts, NOT me! 

Its rather cute though!

And I honestly am not ready to give it up yet, cause I have a 3 year old also.

MamaOfBoyz
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:26 PM

My son has been "on-again, off-again" about it both this year and last year.  I thought last year would be the last year he would believe, but he's hung in there this year pretty well.  It's sad to me to think of him losing faith in Santa.  I guess it's just having to admit that he's growing up.  But, anyway, as for now, he still believes.

Pure Romance Parties by Shannon
Adult toys, lotions, lubes, bath products, massage products
Shop confidentially on the web at www.shannonpaxton.pureromance.com.
View my MySpace page at www.myspace.com/yourpartylady.
Get montly email discounts by signing up for my email list!
Keeping married couples married and single women safe!!

Momto1plus1
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Ian hasn't believed in about a year.   :(   It's really pretty sad. 

katgif
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM

My DD believes whole heartedly also. There is no doubt in her mind that Santa is real. She got a phone call from him the other night. I keep thinking this will be the last year. I hope not...but we will still have Santa even after she finds out.  I love the idea of Santa.

ArielRising
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 1:31 PM

My nine year old daughter says that she believes.  She likes magic and I think that this is part of what she likes about Santa Claus.  My younger two, who are six, are already expressing doubts.  My nine year old has never expressed doubts.  She loves Santa.

Ariel Rising

MrsTheakston
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM

My Son James is very logical, he figured out at age 5 that I was Santa. He kept saying, Mom there's no way deer can fly, and Santa is too fat to get down a chimney, and he can't just come through the front door, we live in an apartment. The door is locked and he would have to knock or ring the doorbell to get in. I said "well James,  you are pretty smart." He then asked "well who brought all the presents from Santa?" I said "I did, I got them all for you." James said "Wow!, that's is Soooooooo Coooooool!" He said "your the coolest Mom ever!" Lol!!! It made me feel alot better. I believed in Santa until I was in the 4th grade, the kids all made fun of me and teased me because I still believed in Santa. I'm just glad he figured it out early.

roostermom2
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2008 at 4:36 PM

I have a 9 year old girl who is really trying to figure it out. kids at school have been saying things. I just keep telling her i believe in the magic and spirit of christmas. never really admitting to the whole santa thing i'm not ready. i'm also concerned she is going to ruin it for her 6 year old brother. good luck and have a magical christmas.

Kelly K

dalcowboysfan79
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 12:38 PM

I have the same issue here with my 9 yr. old daughter. She still thinks santa is real, but I think she is starting to supsect. I think I will break the news to her next year that he is not real since it is so close to christmasnow.

Christina Fisher
Like Avon? Visit our online store @ www.youravon.com/kdye, get a frequent buyer card with first purchase and free shipping on first order.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)