Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 birthday party ideas..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

I know its only feb, but my son turns 10 in october. i wanna do something really special... Any Ideas what you ladies did for your dd or ds 10th birthday.. Did you have a party, take him somewere special??? Any Advice would help.. Thanks

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momemadej
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Don't apologize for planning ahead!!!

My son turns 10 in July and we already discussed his "Double Digit" celebration.  He wants to invite a  handful of friends to sleep over under the stars.  We'll take out the telescope and rent a projector.  Not only does the telescope hook up to a projector but DVD players too!!  So....we are going to hang a giant white sheet in the yard for an outdoor movie.  We've never had more than one friend over to sleep at a time so it should be interesting!!!!

My suggestion:  If you normally have parties pick something he really likes for a theme or to do.  Ie: racing, wrestling, bowling,......  Or maybe go to a favorite restaurant with family and take along a friend???  When my children turn 5 we are done w/ the big parties.  Between family and friends we have a guest list of 35 and it gets hectic and expensive!  So after age 5 I just let the kid pick what he wants to do and we do it!

porter081081
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM

There was another post not long ago about this same question.  I put what we did for my ds's there.  You should go read that because quite a few people posted.  I think it's just called Birthday.

ChristinaR
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:15 PM

ohhh ok, thanks...

Quoting porter081081:

There was another post not long ago about this same question.  I put what we did for my ds's there.  You should go read that because quite a few people posted.  I think it's just called Birthday.

ChristinaR
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Thank you that sounds like a great idea... He is into the whole space thing.. So, thats deffently going to be a thought....

Quoting Momemadej:

Don't apologize for planning ahead!!!

My son turns 10 in July and we already discussed his "Double Digit" celebration.  He wants to invite a  handful of friends to sleep over under the stars.  We'll take out the telescope and rent a projector.  Not only does the telescope hook up to a projector but DVD players too!!  So....we are going to hang a giant white sheet in the yard for an outdoor movie.  We've never had more than one friend over to sleep at a time so it should be interesting!!!!

My suggestion:  If you normally have parties pick something he really likes for a theme or to do.  Ie: racing, wrestling, bowling,......  Or maybe go to a favorite restaurant with family and take along a friend???  When my children turn 5 we are done w/ the big parties.  Between family and friends we have a guest list of 35 and it gets hectic and expensive!  So after age 5 I just let the kid pick what he wants to do and we do it!

poisonfan
by Member on Feb. 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM

My son will be 10 in April.I think I wanna do a Steelers theme.I'm trying to find the invitations and everything.Its hard now that they won the Super Bowl.

yummy99
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 7:49 PM

well i did take him and 2-4 friends to movie and sleep over or amusement park.

lmcatalfano3
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

i took my 10 yr old paintballing...it was expensive but a lot of fun!

SGMAMI
by on Mar. 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I GOT HIM A FLAT SCREEN TV ALREADY , BUT I THINK WE ARE DOING A SKATE PARTY !! IT WILL BE NEXT MONTH !!

HFBMOM
by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Quoting poisonfan:

My son will be 10 in April.I think I wanna do a Steelers theme.I'm trying to find the invitations and everything.Its hard now that they won the Super Bowl.

I would try www.orientaltrading.com  They have themed decorations and favors.  I did notice a football pinata.  It wasn't specifically Steelers, but I didn't look further than the one item.  Just check their party supplies, sports themes and go from there.  Good Luck.

Julie
Enhancing Lives and Helping Moms Work from Home
www.HealthyFamilyBiz.com

SGMAMI
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Quoting SGMAMI:

I GOT HIM A FLAT SCREEN TV ALREADY , BUT I THINK WE ARE DOING A SKATE PARTY !! IT WILL BE NEXT MONTH !!

WELL WE DECIDED ON A SURPRISE B-DAY PARTY AT FUN CITY , AN EXCLUSIVE PARTY THAT HAS ALL KINDS OF BOUNCE HOUSES SLIDES, AND ARCADES .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)