Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughters and Starting Periods

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Has your daughter started her period yet?

If so, how long ago?

If not, how soon do you expect it and how prepared do you feel you both are for it?

Gina
Mom to Amy &
Group Mom of Moms with Tween Daughters

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ms.ladie
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Daughter has not gotten her period yet, she'll be 10 in october. I'm hoping she got at least 2 years to go. We're both prepared. Which is a good thing.

mommymelissa711
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM

My daughter had a full period back in Nov., but hasn't had one since. I'm glad she doesn't have to deal with cramps yet. Sje's moody enough!

I think we're both prepared. We have the necessary things. We read and discussed "The Care & Keeping of you" They also talked about it in school

mom2threeGirlys
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Nope not yet but we are prepared cause her 12 year old sister has had hers since she was 10 so we are ready..

I am a trial and error, cry it out, spanking, formula feeding, vaccinating, sleep in your own bed, put your boobie away in public, tell you how it is, yell at my kids, cookie before bed, love to read, love to paint, let my kids cook, make my kids do chores kinda momma!!!

girl on a swing        teen girl      listening to tunes

Kissa 7                        Ashlee 9                            Taylor 11

teal_dreamz
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Mine got hers at 9 (gasp!).  She's had it 1.5 years, now.  I don't think you can ever be prepared for this.  Her dad was more upset than either of us.

She had a male teacher at the time.  I was really glad that she was at home the first time. 

My daughter's a visual learner.  So, the Christmas before it happened, I gave her a book by American Girl called The Body Book for Girls.  It helped out tremendously.  She still refers to it from time to time.

I give her a bits of information about the birds and bees s-l-o-w-l-y.

mommybug77
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM

No she has not. She is only 10 so I am figuring she has about 2-3 years. She has the american girl book about the health & keeping of your body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)