Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jane Austin and horror

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

I've been wanting to read P&P and Zombies and S&S and sea monsters.  My husband bought me them for my birthday, but they are so grewsome that I just can't read them.  I find the only parts I really like are Jane Austin's contribution and I may as well read her books in the true form.  I guess I'm just not cut out for horror.  I feel mighty wimpy.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LibbyLife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I thought the P & P & Zombies book was a hoot, just for laughs.  I'm already tired of the gimmick, though, because I tried reading S & S & Sea Monsters and I just couldn't get into it.  I have no desire to read the Mansfield Park & Mummies book either.  Although . . . the book about JA being a vampire herself does peak my interest a little, and I may have to at least try to read that one, profiled in the following thread:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/6880/forums/read/10686998/Review_of_the_book_Jane_Bites_Back_by_Michael_Thomas_Ford

Colleen801
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Syra Pi, I have to agree with you...now, I haven't gotten around to reading P&P and Zombies but I have a hard time picking up a book that is "inspired" by or follows the story of P&P from a different angle.  Like you, I would rather just read the real thing.  However, I have marked Zombies as my next book to read but am not too hopeful. 

Colleen801
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM

okay, so I am in the middle of P&P and Zombies and it is just painful.  I really want to finish it (I have seldom not finished a book no matter how bad) but it is just stupid.  I can't think of a better word.  The only part I really enjoyed is finally we have a reasonable explanation of why Charlotte married Mr. Collins.  Please someone tell me it gets better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)