Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finished Twilight

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Or perhaps it finished me.  I think I'm out of my Twilight phase now.  The teaster bit of the first chapter of the second book seemed way too silly to me.

Anyway I liked the character of Bella much more in the book.  In the movie she seemed like a really silly teenaged girl always throwing herself at the boy which just didn't seem respectable to me.  In the book she seemed much more sensible and it's easier for me to forgive her for being under the spell of a vampire than a hormonal seventeen year old boy.  I thought the character of Edward was more enjoyable in the movie.  Surely a guy who's been alive for a hundred years should have more to him than a pretty face, though in the movie I most enjoyed his pretty face.

I dreamed about Edward and Bella standing around being bored in my dream last night.  Perhaps if I hadn't seen the movie so many times the ending of the book would have been much more exciting.

It was definitely an addicting read while it lasted.  I totally ignored the kids yesterday and read the whole thing.  Now I have to do two days of work in one day!  :)

I could see the P&P story lines much better reading the book.  The book character of Bella was much more respectable than the movie character.  I could see a more independant Lizzy type in the book.  I think the book would have been better with a bit more emphasis on how Edward would be good for Bella in a Darcy like way.  It would have made Edward a more interesting character. 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Katsmom05
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Thanks for being so honest about 'Twilight'. I thought you were going to be more brutal. lol So does this mean that you will not complete the series???

At the risk of sounding rude you sound like my typical, 'intellectual', girlfriends. Hey at least you completed the book. I've seen women from one end of the scale to the other end. There's the obsessed fans that are just waaaaayyyy out of my league, I'm more neutral I think, and then there's these girlfriends that I know that just thought "Twilight" was just stupid, (these are the high end, intellectual friends).

Your character analysis was right on. I could not have said it better myself.

Whenever a book gets translated into a movie there's always some substance lost, (except for the 1995 A&E version of 'P&P', of course). The interaction between Bella and Edward was so witty and charming. That was never translated to the screen.

Hope you and your belly are doing well. How many more days until delivery day???

Syra3.14159
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I enjoyed reading it.  I would recommend it as a fun read.

I am not intending on running out to buy the next books, but I just found out that my SIL is reading them all.  She's so psyched about the series and thrilled that I've read Twilight.  I may borrow them from her when I give birth and I have more time for reading.  It was too addicting.  I find that I cant' read books like that in moderaton.  I totally lost all of yesterday reading.  Now I'm longing for a book that I can read more slowly...something with big words!  lol

My due date is March 3, but I can deliver safely at home after February 11.  I'm hoping to go early this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)