• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious....your thoughts?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Okay I got tempted and watched the Bachelorette last night, i try not to watch to much lame reality tv but anyway as i was watching it hit me; how do you all think some of Jane Austen's Characters would fare as a Bachelorette? Can you imagine Elizabeth or Jane or Lydia Bennett? Emma Woodhouse? And watching it I was so sickened by how those men just have few manners and I wonder why a woman would actually put herself through so much...it might be fun but it seems like such a waste of time to actually find your "true love" or at least the one you want to spend forever with...Thoughts? Also when I was watching it I could see a cartoon in my mind of Elizabeth totally walking off set and not do it she just seems like so not the type to do something like that...Lydia on the other hand would be a total flirt and probably end up making out with the majority.  Anyway fun to think about!

Group Owner of Masterpiece Theater and Classic Literature

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
eminelson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM

LOL yeah I think Lydia would love being on that show!  Mary Crawford might do well too :-)  Hmm, Mrs. Clay maybe? 

Colleen801
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 4:24 AM

I have to admit...I love the bachelorette.  Perhaps it is because of the limited number of channels I get (we are talking 8 channels and only two play actual prime time programs).  Anyway, sorry for the tangent...I think it is hilarious.  I am not sure why anyone would do that to themselves, I guess the insane dates, the rush of being able to kiss 15 different guys on any given night (um, can you say disgusting), living in a mansion, people doting on you left and right, etc.  I personally couldn't do it because I am an introvert.  However, I agree that Lydia would have thrived on that show.  Couldn't you imagine Wickham has a bachelor too?  I don't believe any of JA serious leading ladies would have ever considered that show though.  Other characters I could imagine on the show are Mary Crawford, Henry Crawford, Sir Walter Elliot, Elizabeth Elliot, Willoughby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)