Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meats

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

I just got my blender, hopefully it will make the homemade baby food betty, the cheapo chopper I had, wasn't doing the trick. So for a little time DD was getting jarred.  But, I'm wanting to change that and give her more homemade stuff again.

I have yet to try meats because, I REFUSE to give her jarred meats.  Her doctor says it smells like dog food, no way I'll do that to her.  Plus, I want to give her tofu first before giving meat.  What other meat substitute is there? 

Also, because soon I'll be making meats for her, how do I puree meats?  Obviously I can chop it very small in the blender, but I guess how do I get the smooth texture?  Do I add water or gravy or something? 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
weelicious
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Here's a recipe I love to make for babies!

Baby Beef Stew Mash (Makes 10 Baby Servings)

1/2 Lb. Beef Chuck Boneless Roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1/4 Small Onion, chopped
1 Carrot or 10 Baby Carrots, peeled and chopped into 2 inch pieces
1 Medium Yukon Gold Potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 Cup Water

1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium/high heat.
2. Add the beef chunks and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown.
3. Add the onions, carrots, potatoes and water.
4. Stir the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
5. Puree in a food processor until smooth or desired texture for your baby.
6. Serve.

www.weelicious.com
jonesrdh
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM

I put 1 cup chicken broth ( I make mine with water and chicken paste so I can controll the sodium.  1 cup diced celery 2 chicken breasts (boneless),  I cook these in a pressure cooker for half hour.  Then I add steamed veggies and toss in food processor.  Laast time I steamed zucchini and peeled redskinned potatoes.  After blending or processing I divide mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.  Sometimes I give DS two cubes or just one and another veggie.  He has done great with Chicken.

Jenn(32)Steve(35)Becca(18)Audrey 10-11-06, and Trent 2-21-09.

"It's not the amount of years in your life...It's the amount of life in your years!

baby boy

baby

baby

sweetmelissa77
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Try the recipe Weelicious posted for you! I tried that one from the Weelicious website & my son LOVES it! It's also an easy recipe to make chunkier as your child gets older and can handle chunkier foods - just simply change the texture!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)