Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pears

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

I want to give my baby some pears it bite sized pieces.  Should I cook the pear first.  She is almost 8 months old.  She already eats bananna pieces and puffs but I want to try pears.  SO what do I do?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Shortfuse007
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I would cook them to soften them since pears are a hard fruit. Bananas & puffs moosh very easily, hard pears may hurt tender gums.

Please forgive any typos, Baby snuggles at keyboard! One-handed typing ROCKS!

shontaye_81
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I would suggest cooking them to. I cook all the food that is not soft enough, to make it easier for her to chew. You can cook apples, frozen peaches, pears, peas, carrots. I even roast squash in the oven and cut it up for her. I pretty much cook and cut up what i was pureeing for her..

I also buy the cans fruits of peaches and pears for the days, I am running behind and can't cook the fruits and vegetables.

Oh yeah, but I didn't start feeding my daughter table foods until she was closer to 1 yr. I just kept pureeing her food for her. I know plenty of mother's that have started their children as early as 6 months. My decision was my personal preference and everyone needs to make the decision that they feel is best for their child. I hope the tips I gave you help.. :-)))

Good luck...

weelicious
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Soft, ripe pears cut into tiny pieces (but still big enough to be picked up) should be fine and delicious!

My daughter is 10 months and has 4 teeth. I give her tiny pieces of cheese, wheat bagels, moistened cherrios, bananas, etc..

www.weelicious.com
bearsbabies
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM

if they are ripe enough to take a small chunck and mash it with your fingers i would give it to her but if not then i would boil it whole or steam it in chunks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)