Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS doesn't like my food

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

So I made a bunch of food the other day, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, green beans, and calavacitas. The only things he eats without complaint are the sweet potatoes and the pears. Any suggestions for making the other things so that he will eat them? I have a LOT of squash.

I'm thinking it may be a texture thing, but I don't know. He loves the squash and the green beans from Gerber.

by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrsarvizo
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Bump! Need advice please.

frattwinmom79
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM
I had same problem 2 weeks ago. Just started making own food n only thing they'd eat were yams n squash. Wouldn't touch spinach or gr beans. During the hurricane, we lost power so by 3rd day I gave in n bought 10 jars of gerber. They ate the gr beans n carrots like hotcakes. So now I'm trying to copy the texture exactly but I'm still having a really hard time with spinach. All trial n error I guess. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frattwinmom79
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Oh and whenever we introduce a new food we mix it with a little yams since that's their favorite until they're eating it by itself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsarvizo
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM

The beans and squash aren't new foods to him. Just the ones I made are new. He likes the sweet potatoes and the pears just fine. I don't think it's a taste thing; DH tasted them both and said they tasted the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)