Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Let's Get to Know One Another!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:44 PM
  • 406 Replies
  • 6582 Total Views
Hi Ladies,
Recently I've seen a lot of posts in various communities inquiring about how to make baby food. I felt there was a need for this group :o)  Let's get to know one another and swap tips and recipes!

Please answer the questionnaire so we can get to know one another and how I can better accommodate your needs.

Name:

Children (names & ages):

Ever made baby food?:

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet):

Any tips to share:

What do you want learn from this group?:

Any questions you have?:

Anything else you want to share about yourself?:
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali4niachef
by Group Owner on May. 7, 2007 at 12:48 PM
Name: Cindy

Children (names & ages): Reed 20 months

Ever made baby food?: Yes, i started when my son was around 5.5 months

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet): Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. Organic Baby and Toddler Cookbook by Lizzie Vann, http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/, mothering.com

Any tips to share: all you need is a mini-prep Cuisinart food processor to get started. don't use the food mills, they are cheap and take too long!

What do you want learn from this group?: tips to get a toddlers to eat

Any questions you have?: none at the moment

Anything else you want to share about yourself?: I am also the owner of the groups Birth Is Normal and Raising Your Spirited/High-Needs Child.
Momontherun2
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Name: Sumbal

Children (names & ages): Isabella:5 years old, Kaitlin:10 months old

Ever made baby food?: Yes

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet): My friend taught me how to do it.

Any tips to share: Butternut sqush has been the easiest for me to make. I put it in the oven for 15 mintes after cutting it in half. and scrape out the filling then I mash it up and give to my baby. When she was younger I would blend it and then put it in Ice cube trays and freeze it then put it into ziploc bags. So simple.

What do you want learn from this group?: Other good foods I can make at home for my baby.

Any questions you have?: What veggies are not good to make at home for baby. I have heard there are some veggies babies shouldnt have.

Anything else you want to share about yourself?: I just recently got on the natural bandwagon about a month before my baby was born. I really loved going organic. I think its so important teaching both our kids top eat healthy and take care of our world by also recycling.
brikel0
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Name: Kelly

Children (names & ages): Brianna 6 months

Ever made baby food?: have ever since brianna started taking solids

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet): Book- Blender baby food

Any tips to share: watch out for constipation

What do you want learn from this group?: anything you have to offer

Any questions you have?: none right now

Anything else you want to share about yourself?:
micheledo
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Name: Michele
Children (names & ages): Nathaniel - 16 months and Daniel - 3 weeks
Ever made baby food?: If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet): Yes - just ground up table food or fruits and vegetables - didn't use any recipes
Any tips to share: Don't be afraid to use spices and herbs - my firstborn could and did eat anything, but I think my second one may have a weaker stomach.  He has problems so easily just from breastfeeding (I assume it is the food I am eating that is getting into the breast milk)
deadgirl
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Name: nicole

Children (names & ages): Jeremy, 3 years old & one on the way, due Oct 24, 2007

Ever made baby food?: not really, but i want to try with this one!

What do you want learn from this group?: how to make baby food that my baby will eat! how to make baby food quickly & easily.

Any questions you have?: not yet!

Anything else you want to share about yourself?: i am a vegetarian & i am raising my kids that way.
JessieHarnes
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Name: Jessie

Children (names & ages):  Silas 5 months

Ever made baby food?: No (Silas has yet to eat solid food, he is breastfead, but we will be starting to make food soon)

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet):  I have printed a ton of recipes off the internet

Any tips to share: 

What do you want learn from this group?:  New recipes and what other babies like

Any questions you have?:

Anything else you want to share about yourself?:  I have a wonderful loving man, Joe, and and awsome but weird dog Sadie and we live in Nor Cali
chicomommy
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:59 PM
Name: Dana
Children: Nicholas 4 yrs., Keira 6 months
Ever made baby food: Yes, I made almost all of my sons food and will be doing the same for my daughter soon.
Resources used: internet for recipes
Tips to share: Ice cube trays work the best for freezing. I would just cook extra of what was for dinner and blend it up and freeze. I used a mini food processor last time but now I have a stick blender and hopefully it will be even easier.
What do you want to learn from the group? New recipes I haven't tried yet. Any helpful tips other moms may have.
Questions: None

cierasmommy
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Name: Stephanie

Children (names & ages): Ciere Kimber age 3 months

Ever made baby food?: nope but verry excited to

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet):

Any tips to share:not at the moment

What do you want learn from this group?: well how to make my own babyfood, when to feed my baby baby food what to start with pretty much everything pertaining to babyfood

Any questions you have?: see above answer just put "how do i " in frunt of them

Anything else you want to share about yourself?: i am a new mother of an adorable baby this is our first child and it has been the most wonderful experience  having her and watching her grow. i hope to learn alot from this group to better my daughtors nutrition.
Angelbabe3
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:19 PM
Name: Elisa

Children (names & ages): A.J. 5, Sage 2, Sabastian 4 months

Ever made baby food?: no

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and Internet):

Any tips to share:

What do you want learn from this group?: how to make my own baby-food

Any questions you have?: do u know when u can start yo-baby they have out, and what type of food do u make baby-food frozen, canned, or fresh
DanaMel
by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Name:  Dana

Children (names & ages):  TJ--11 months

Ever made baby food?: Yes

If so, what resources did you use(books, magazines and internet):  Blender Baby food and First Meals.  My best resource was my friend who made her own baby food

Any tips to share:  Try new things

What do you want learn from this group?:  I would like to get some more ideas for adding some variety in my son's diet.  I feel like he eats peas and carrots all the time.

Any questions you have?: Not at the moment

Anything else you want to share about yourself?:  Not really....if people want to know anything about me, just ask.  I am happy to share!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)