Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Variations to cereals

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
here's a thought....if your baby is not to fond of the rice cereal or oat, try to mix it with either watered down apple juice or their fav fruit, it works for me. Smile
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cali4niachef
by Group Owner on May. 7, 2007 at 2:04 PM
i used Earth's Best Organic Cereal, i mixed it with breast milk :o) i think that helps because they are familiar with the taste.
brikel0
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Quoting cali4niachef:

i used Earth's Best Organic Cereal, i mixed it with breast milk :o) i think that helps because they are familiar with the taste.

you can also use formula.... i forgot to mention those Smile
haydensmum
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 6:14 AM
I added Puree Prunes to my son's Rice Cereal and he loved it! 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
MCKsmomma
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:03 AM
my dd loves their cereal
CookMom
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 6:13 PM
I actually mix cereal with ALL of my baby's food.  I am not currently making my own but hope to start soon.  My lil guy is so used to the texture of cereal in everything and I am looking forward to being able to make foods at his texture preferences.  Can't too much cereal cause constipation?  (the iron or something?)  That is the issue we have now- he eats so much that I feel uncomfortable mixing that much cereal to feed that much food for him!  Is this a valid concern with cereal?  Or am I over conerned?
DanaMel
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Quoting CookMom:

I actually mix cereal with ALL of my baby's food.  I am not currently making my own but hope to start soon.  My lil guy is so used to the texture of cereal in everything and I am looking forward to being able to make foods at his texture preferences.  Can't too much cereal cause constipation?  (the iron or something?)  That is the issue we have now- he eats so much that I feel uncomfortable mixing that much cereal to feed that much food for him!  Is this a valid concern with cereal?  Or am I over conerned?
I'm not sure about the iron in the cereal causing constipation.  I don't think there is enough iron in the boxed cereal. TJ never had (or has...7 poopy diapers today) constipation issues and he ate cereal at breakfast and bedtime from 4 months to 12 months old.  Now we only have morning oatmeal.

CookMom
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 11:14 PM
I think the last doc he saw thought he was underweight.  He is not- he is tall and skinny like his dad.  He has great energy and coloring etc.  But this doc told me to up him to 4 meals a day!  I mean wow.  She said 4 tablespoons at each feeding cereal AND veggie or fruit.  I haven't gone that far.  We do what he is hungry for and that is it but it has been 3 meals a day.  Could have been the tooth he was cutting also that caused the constipation.  Because we upped his food intake over a month ago and he cut the tooth 3 days ago. 
sweetlillie
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Quoting CookMom:

I think the last doc he saw thought he was underweight. He is not- he is tall and skinny like his dad. He has great energy and coloring etc. But this doc told me to up him to 4 meals a day! I mean wow. She said 4 tablespoons at each feeding cereal AND veggie or fruit. I haven't gone that far. We do what he is hungry for and that is it but it has been 3 meals a day. Could have been the tooth he was cutting also that caused the constipation. Because we upped his food intake over a month ago and he cut the tooth 3 days ago.

My daughter was always small, don't worry about.  All children are different.  I fed her what she was comfortable,eating three times a day, and bf  demand.  Just follow his cues.  My son his totally different.  He would rather eat all the time, so He gets bigger portions three times a day, and small snacks, with bottle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)