Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make peaches?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 267 Total Views
I was so excited I bought the stuff to make her first babyfood, but then realized that I don't know how to make the peaches. Thanks to another post I do however know what to do with the greenbeans. Any tips would be great! Do I stew them? Steam them? Bake them?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DanaMel
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:55 AM
How I did it, and I don't know if it's the correct way or not, but it worked, was basically the same concept as applesauce.  I peeled the peaches, cut them into slices and put them in a pot with a tiny bit of water and then cooked until soft.  I only did this a couple of times.  I would wait until the peach got soft (not yucky soft, but soft) and then I would just mash it up. 
kayleighsmummy
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Quoting DanaMel:

How I did it, and I don't know if it's the correct way or not, but it worked, was basically the same concept as applesauce. I peeled the peaches, cut them into slices and put them in a pot with a tiny bit of water and then cooked until soft. I only did this a couple of times. I would wait until the peach got soft (not yucky soft, but soft) and then I would just mash it up.
I peeled mine and then steamed them with apples. Then I put it in the food processor.

I also whizzed up canteloupe with apple sauce. It too was a hit. :)
Toni2868
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 4:56 PM
I boiled them first not for too long, just until they are soft, then I peeled them.  The skin practically fell off, then threw them in the processor.  I found that if any fruits came out a little too tart, just add a little banana.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)