Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT CAN I FEED MY BABY?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 254 Total Views
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE HOMEMADE FOOD FOR MY BABY FOR A LONGTIME BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. WHAT FOODS IS GOOD AND EASY TO MAKE FOR BABY?

Lady J
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ChelleBelle11
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:02 PM
Check out this website...it's awesome!  Good luck and have fun!
http://wholesomebabyfood.com/babyfirstfoods.htm

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

momtokids
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:11 PM
My son's first food was avacado, blended with water to consistancy of choice....bananas, sweet potatoes, mango.  I used the Super Baby Food book by Ruth Yaron.  I also have Organic Toddler cookbook (not sure if that is the right title)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :)

.*.*.Julie.*.*.

hasinka
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 10:09 PM

I started my baby on carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peaches, bananas and avocado (in that order lol). I just biled them (except for the last two that I just mushed it with a fork and add some formula) and pure - add some water if necessery (I added water because i was freezing the rest. you can add formula if you make it just to eat .

Bella 02/27/2007

kkutella
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Quoting hasinka:

I started my baby on carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peaches, bananas and avocado (in that order lol). I just biled them (except for the last two that I just mushed it with a fork and add some formula) and pure - add some water if necessery (I added water because i was freezing the rest. you can add formula if you make it just to eat .

Bella 02/27/2007

Why can't you add formula if you are gonna freeze the food? I thought you could add water, formula, or breast-milk...and could freeze any.

Baby Boys http://www.cafemom.com/group/11346/ Group Owner

DanaMel
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Quoting kkutella:

Why can't you add formula if you are gonna freeze the food? I thought you could add water, formula, or breast-milk...and could freeze any.

You can.  Certain foods aren't appropriate for freezing, in general, but you can freeze things with added formula or breastmilk (as long as the breastmilk you used wasn't previously frozen...you can't refreeze)

--Dana
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)