Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heating food?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

So I am about to start my son on solids, I'm going to start with sweet potatoes. When I freeze them and I'm ready to use them how do I heat them? should I take one out in the morning and put it in the fridge or can I microwave it?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Galdarisimom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM
I microwave my sons, but if you don't want to you could probably let it defrost in the fridge, I couldn't live without my microwave, but I have just reheated on the stove too.
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
GentleMomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I heat ours in a baby bottle warmer. That is also how I warm my milk for when I am gone so that DH can feed her.

breastfeeding

Kiera & Kris        Audrey Rose      Olivia Saige    Addison Faith
        8.17.06                 5.26.02              3.28.05                8.5.08

tabs852
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I began leaving the food in the fridge over night but I quit that really quick lol. I now heat everything up in the microwave.

Mom2Tristan07
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

You don't need to refridge them. Put them in a cabinet and feed it to him by room temperature. I use to heat my son's for about 15 seconds and it was warm. It should have on the back label on how much to heat it by.

MaMa-niCOOL
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I am not talking about pre-made jar food, LOL I'm talking about when I puree food for him, like sweet potatoes then I freeze them. Just looking for ways to heat the frozen food

Quoting Mom2Tristan07:

You don't need to refridge them. Put them in a cabinet and feed it to him by room temperature. I use to heat my son's for about 15 seconds and it was warm. It should have on the back label on how much to heat it by.

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

glasylassy
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

How do you store his food?  I use Ziploc bags and just still it in a cup of hot water to thaw out.

brannen
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I use a few things like the previous posts. I have put in the fridge the night before, warmed in the microwave at 50% or the defrost mode (the fish one works the best for me) and used the bottle warmer (I use the small glad ware containers and they fit in the warmer perfect).

But I DO NOT leave it on the counter to thaw out, this can cause bacteria to grow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)