Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mixing food??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

I have a couple of questions dd is 5 months and we just recently started solids well about a month ago, and she is loving them, we wait 5 days inbetween each food, she so far has had peas, greenbeans,banannas,and carrots, we are going to avacados next. Did you ever give ur lo something different for a day exmpl if you were in carrots and they already had green beans with no effects and you were on the 4th day (or close to trial end date) did you give them green beans or what ever it may be for different flavor? DD sometimes acts like she is bored with the same thing every night she only gets solids at dinner but i sometimes wonder if i should give her one of the others to give her a break? Also what age do you start mixing like the stage 2 foods, as well as meats?  i know she is still young for both but just wondering so i can be prepared! Thank you ladies for your help in advance.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DanaMel
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

When I was introducing new food to my son, I only did it for three days.  That's what my ped suggested.  So, I wouldn't see anything wrong with giving something that was already introduced.  Something else that I did with my son was that he got a fruit at lunch and a veggie at dinner.  That made it a bit more interesting for him.  We didn't start solids though until 6 months. 

Meats aren't normally introduced until around 9 months old. 

Mixing food, like 2nd stage foods, is done after single foods are introduced and no reactions are shown.  There is no "age" really for this.

--Dana
SherriPie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Once you've introduced a food and have no allergies, you can mix that food with anything else.  For example, when we had introduced carrots and he was good, we introduced peas and mixed carrots into them.  It mixed it up a bit.

steamtrain1003
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I am a little confused by your post... but then my brain isn't functioning right.  When you are introducing a new food you dn't have to ONLY feed that food.  You just can't intoduct a different new food.  So when you are feeing something new you can feed her stuff she has already had.  Not sure I am making any sense!  I should prolly head to bed!! LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)