Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Other foods

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

Dylan eats homemade baby food at daycare.  But because I'm not actually preparing it myself like if I'm at home, I find it hard it to be creative on what to send.  I'm usually sending puree foods of a different kind, but I need some ideas for some other things.  For example, we made broccoli and had the idea of putting cheese in it and melting it...great!  But I need other ideas like that.  He's not very good with his pincer grasp except for harder foods (like Cheerios or puffs), so he is still spoonfed.

Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cluesscentral17
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM

i'm not very creative either but i use wholesome baby food and weelicious for combo ideas. i know i usually give him chicken or turkey with pasta and a little veggie..he can't have any dairy. for breakfast he gets oatmeal mixed in with a fruit i have steamed or applesauce i have made. i know i have made him his own chicken noodle and turkey soup b4 with no salted veggies. he also loves pureed turkey or chicken on a cracker u know like a dip since i can't use regular dips b/c of dairy issue. soon i want to try making him some egg white omelets..oh he also gets rare occasion blueberry pancakes of his own!

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/combos.htm

TonyaLea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I have a book by annabel Karmel that has good food ideas for 9 month olds.  She has a website too with recipies and photos.  Four  ideas are carrots with baby pasta stars, and butternut squash with rissoto, and carrots with cheese, and mini pasta sheels with cheese.

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/babies-9-12-months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)