• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freezing avacado?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

I know avacado turns brown, but has anyone had any success in freezing it? I have heard you can. Any tips?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steamtrain1003
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I used to freeze mine all the time.  I didn't treat it any different than anyother veg.  Yes it got brown on the outside of the cube.  But it still taseted good.

Jdye
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Yes, i freeze avocado cubes all the time. My daughter loves them. If there's a little brown, it's fine. It helps to throw the whole pits into the puree while you are mashing them....less brown...of course toss the pits when you are done getting it all into trays...
cherish05
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM

When you mash the avocado, do you add breastmilk, formula or water to it? or is the consistency okay already without adding any liquid to it? how about bananas, do you have to add any liquid to it while mashing it before freezing? does it freeze well?

Thanks to the OP for asking the question regarding avocado coz i'm interested to know also.

have a nice day

Che

brannen
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I noticed that if i add formula to his avacado when i froze it, it didn't turn as brown. I did freeze bananas and it worked ok but they become a little watery. It is better to freeze them in big chunks then to puree.

steamtrain1003
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 2:01 PM

i would freeze both my avacados and banana's w/o milk.  Because their texture chaged some when defrosted.  I'd add the milk then.  I did that with all of my purees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)