• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 11 month old is drinking her purees out of a straw!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

I think I posted before that my daughter doesn't like the purees so much. I figured out that she will slurp them out of her bowl. The other day we found out she knows how to suck from a straw. So now I put her purees in a small cup and she sips them from a straw! Lol.

She will NOT eat them from a spoon. That turns into a fight. She insist on playing with the spoon or feeding herself so she likes this straw concept.

Thought I'd share for other mommies having trouble getting their babies to eat purees. I just said the word, "bibi" which means bottle, when she had the straw in her mouth so she knew to suck from the straw like she would her bottle, and she did it!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
onecuteladybug2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:02 PM

That's terrific! Now you know she's getting all those yummy nutrients into her body...

When DD was younger, she had a hard time using a spoon on her soup, so I would cool it down and give her a straw. She thought that was a neat trick...

steamtrain1003
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM

And also!!  the good news is straws are good for oral development.  They help kids make the oooo shape with their mouth.  Our speech therapist actually encourages us to use straws with the kids!!

Senae
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM

How funny. Good for you for thinking outside the box. Whatever it takes!! I bet she'd enjoy frozen smoothies too. I may try making a smoothie for my LO. All the fun stuff we can do with food. Haha.

weelicious
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM
I have to start recommending that one! Great idea :)
www.weelicious.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)