Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Avocado/Banana Mixture

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

Hi everybody, I just started making Parker's baby food for him...  He already loves sweet potatoes, but I decided to try making the avocado mixed with bananas because of the nutrients that he will be getting... I was afraid that he would not like it, but he LOVED it!!!  He was actually jumping around in his seat for more!!!

Does anyone know of more combos that I can try?  Especially with fruits....  Parker LOVES his veggies, but its really hard getting him to eat fruits.

Hope everybody had a wonderful 4th of July!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM
My guy loves avocado/banana too. Try plum/banana.

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

TonyaLea
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM

My daughter preferred veggies when she was just starting too.

Some of the combos we did or that I have heard of:

Apple-carrot, Pear-squash, carrot-broccoli, sweet potato-spinach.

You can pretty much mix about everything, my daughter never cared even with crazy combos like plum and broccoli. 

Jdye
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM
My daughter loves peas/carrots, squash/apple, and cauliflower/apple. She also likes sweet potato broccoli.

Wife to Andrew for 2.5 years and mother to Mary Margaret (8/1/08). Part time Nurse Practitioner, but mostly stay at home Mommy.

pinkmommy04
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 4:35 PM
when did you start your DS on solids?? My daughter is 16weeks and almost 17lbs, she does good w/ rice cereal & breastmilk... just curious??

Thanks,
Crystal
kvent922
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I actually started him on solids around 4 1/2 months....  He just wasnt staying satisfied with his formula, and I was unable to breastfeed (I know, I am still depressed about that)  but the doctor gave us the go ahead and he loves it!!!  We started him on sweet potatoes first.

Quoting pinkmommy04:

when did you start your DS on solids?? My daughter is 16weeks and almost 17lbs, she does good w/ rice cereal & breastmilk... just curious??

Thanks,
Crystal

weelicious
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM
We just made plums with bananas. SO delicious. Just puree the plums and banana and push through a strainer to remove the plum peel if your baby is under 8 months. The skin is fine (and nutritious) if your baby is over 8 months.
www.weelicious.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)