Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bananna issue

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

I'm very new to this. but i'm trying my best. I started my little one out on avacados and he loved it. this week i'm trying banannas and he can't stand them. I'm mashing them with a fork and getting them smooth but he spits it all out and even spits up for like an hour after. is there any tricks to banannas? did anyone else have this problem?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy2aQT
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Have you tried adding breast milk?

kmartin1102
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Quoting Mommy2aQT:

Have you tried adding breast milk?

I did this, it helps to thin them out.  also you could try pureeing them instead of using a fork, it will also get them smoother.  if that doesnt work, maybe he just doesnt like bananas :) but remember sometimes you have to offer a new food a few times before they'll take to it. good luck!

TonyaLea
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Don't worry about it too much, it is not your fault if he doesn't like bananas, and it is not a big deal.  My daughter HATED bananas, we have the funniest video of me feeding them to her when she was 6 months and all the crazy faces she was making and shivering from head to to each time she took a bite.  I would just offer them to her about ever couple weeks to see if she had changed her mind about them, and eventaully she did and now she loves them.

I think pureeing and thinning are both good suggestions too in case it is the texture and not the taste that he doesn;t like. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Group Owner: Cooking for Toddlers
Group Admin: Frugal & Thrifty Moms (Weekly Menu Planner)
mzzdiamonds
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Thanks ladies. I will try the breastmilk and also the processor and see what happens. :)

onecuteladybug2
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Try mixing it with some avacado. DS liked them that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)