Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facts about Reds

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 535 Total Views
The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.

Champagne: very light redheads
Strawberry blonde: light reddish blonde
Red: range of light, bright, metallic and shiny red
Auburn: dark red

Greece is one of country that admires redheads believed so because of their believed mythical qualities. Italy has well known painting with redheads.

Adults have about 120,000 hairs on their head; redheads have fewer, blondes have more, brunettes have the most..

The first human redheads walked this earth about 50,000 years ago in Africa and then spread throughout Northern Europe.

Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others.

In Denmark it is an honor to have a redheaded child.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EastCoastMahine
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:50 PM
So it's official - I actually have three red heads - My oldest is strawberry, my youngest is champagne and my little middle is just the real RED.

I want him to be Ron from Harry Potter for Halloween sooooo bad!
JoysMom
by on May. 8, 2007 at 11:52 AM
I never heard that bees like redheads, but that explans why I always get stung (I was stung in a library once!)
I have heard redhead have a higher tolerance for pain. To this my husband likes to tell the story of when I started having contractions. I told him in a perfectly normal voice and while packing up (my water had broken) I think that was a contraction.
mommybug77
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 3:31 PM
hmmm. I don't think she has ever been stung by a bee yet, she is only 6 though.
BobbieB
by on May. 11, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Wow...my son is 6 too and I think he's been stung every yr since he was about 2!...I wonder if the bees are just attracted to that red hair the same as they are the most colorful flowers? May sound a little corny but it sorta makes sense.
alli-k
by on Mar. 8, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Well Lacie is a true Red.  Seth I'm not sure about.  His is more brownish red.
Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM
my daughter is 5 months old and she has been stung already on my carpet in my house by a mini bee crazy
Audreesmommy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)