• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

March 2nd is the BIG DAY! :)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

Well my doctor has created a calendar for me. We are going to have the FET on March 2nd! Joseph and I should be flying out to California either the 27th or 28th of this month. I started my estrogen injections last night. I was such a big baby...  ha! ha! I had to have Joseph inject me because I couldn't do it myself! It really wasn't bad at all though! I was scared for nothing! :)

I will have to do these estrogen shots every three days and then on the 25th go for an ultrasound to check the lining of my uterus and make sure it's thick enough for the transfer. They will also be checking my hormone levels that day too. Then that night I will start progesterone injections every day. I think I will have to continue these injections for several weeks, even into the pregnancy (I think!) :)

Anyway... its getting REALLY REALLY CLOSE!!! I'm a little nervous.... I will feel better once I get that POSITIVE pregnancy test result!! God willing!!

Thank you for all of your encouragement and your prayers!!  

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LuvAdoptedKids
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM

How exciting!!!  I bet you are getting nervous.  I would be.  LOL  I'm so happy for you guy.  Keep us posted!

Tracy Waring

Learn more about our family by checking out our links below
Embryo Adoption blog    Living Stones ministry 

MrsBonsai
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Estrogen shots!  Owie :)  I have to use Estrace pills, but therefore they give me daily Lupron injections in the abdomen.  And then it's progesterone in oil (we had them fill that with the ethyl oleate, it's supposed to be thinner and not hurt as much) in the behind as we get closer to transfer.  And then they said the estrace pills and the PIO shots continue for 12 weeks of the pregnancy.

I'm so excited for you!  I pray we both get to be pregnant at the same time! :D

Julie - 35 & Joerg - 38
Married May 7, 1994
seeking concurrent adoptions:
domestic infant home study approved 11/30/2007
embryo adoption home study approved 07/15/2008

MATCHED Embryo Adoption on 02/06/2009
TRANSFER will be on 03/24/2009
Kayse
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Quoting MrsBonsai:

Estrogen shots!  Owie :)  I have to use Estrace pills, but therefore they give me daily Lupron injections in the abdomen.  And then it's progesterone in oil (we had them fill that with the ethyl oleate, it's supposed to be thinner and not hurt as much) in the behind as we get closer to transfer.  And then they said the estrace pills and the PIO shots continue for 12 weeks of the pregnancy.

I'm so excited for you!  I pray we both get to be pregnant at the same time! :D

Yeah, I thought I would have to take Lupron as well but my doctor said we could do the FET with just the estrogen and progesterone shots. The estrogen shot really wasn't bad at all... I just don't like needles so it scared me a little bit....

I think Lupron is prescribed to prevent ovulation. I asked about this and the nurse told me that if I happened to ovulate they would  just wait a few days longer to do the transfer. So, hopefully everything will go smoothly! :)

That would be really awesome to be pregnant at the same time! :)

Kayse
by Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Quoting LuvAdoptedKids:

How exciting!!!  I bet you are getting nervous.  I would be.  LOL  I'm so happy for you guy.  Keep us posted!

I am a little bit nervous.... Honestly, I've had to stop reading other stories of people who did an EA and then didn't get pregnant.... that is what makes me nervous. I don't know if I could do it again if it didn't work. But, I really feel that God has opened these doors for us and I just have to TRUST Him that He's going to keep these little babies safe!! I really feel in my heart that everythings going to go well though..... thank you for your encouragement and yoru prayers!! We really appreciate them! :)  

AngyBaby
by Group Owner on Feb. 18, 2009 at 12:30 PM

This is so exciting and brings back lots of memories! We continued prog. shots thru week 13 of pregnancy to ensure babies were well attatched before coming of of it. I was soooo thinking that when I got off of the shots I'd feel soooo much better, but ha ha it was the triple pregnancy hormones that made me sick. Now, I have not so bad memories of being pretty sick with 3 in there. How many embryos are you transferring? All 4?

Angela

Kayse
by Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting AngyBaby:

This is so exciting and brings back lots of memories! We continued prog. shots thru week 13 of pregnancy to ensure babies were well attatched before coming of of it. I was soooo thinking that when I got off of the shots I'd feel soooo much better, but ha ha it was the triple pregnancy hormones that made me sick. Now, I have not so bad memories of being pretty sick with 3 in there. How many embryos are you transferring? All 4?

Well I guess that answers my question about if you got sick at all! I didn't read this until after I sent you that last message! I am so sorry you got so sick! That is something I am really not looking forward to! My mom has been praying really hard that it won't be bad for me.... and my grandmother prayed for years (before she died) that I would have an easy pregnancy... so I'm hoping to cash in on those prayers!! :) We'll see I guess!!

If all 4 survive the thaw, then yes we will transfer all 4. They are all frozen together so we have to thaw them all out together.... I don't want to risk re-freezing them, as this may hurt them. We are just trusting God! His ways are higher than ours! As scary as it would be to have 4 children at one time, if that were to happen we know God would give us the strenght and ability to do it!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)