Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain Free

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you think you can ever be pain free?

Options:

Yes

No

Not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

I was watching a youtube video on it. I wanted to post it on my FB to educate people on it. It was a good video until the last comment. It said you could be pain free with the right treatment. I haven't been pain free in a long time. I just learn to cope with it. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dustyman
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM
I guess it depends on your severity but I have severe arthritis and no, I don't think I will ever be pain free. I've had it 13 yrs now and I've just learned to cope with it and try to plan my days around the pain depending on the severity THAT day!
bsflower13
by Member on Jun. 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I am pain free most of the time. I was on 3 different drugs plus the shots,but I took the natural approach and now most days are pain free, I just seem to get tired after a long day of running around.

julie148
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I've had RA over 6 years and it's not getting better.  I just have bad days and really bad days and sometimes okay days but NEVER good/great days.  That is a thing of the past. 

CatDogLady
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I am with you, I don't know if I will ever be pain free. My liver enzymes went up and the rheumatologist stopped my Imuran. I am still on 20 of prednisone a day, decreased from 30, down to 15 but bad flare ups. I am getting so frustrated. The methotrexate was stopped since it was causing scarring in my lungs

Debbie
koolkidsmom
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I'm sure I'll never be pain free unless I'm knocked out completely. I can't take anyting with Codeine befause of my stomach it makes me so nauseatd Id rather be hurting.  I have 2 herniated discs, a pinched nerve, and arthritis, along with some osteoporosis and scoliosis.  I get very depressed thinking of all the things I loved doing around the house that i can't do anymore.  Im thankful tho that I'm not in a wheelchair or walker and can still hobble around and it does get somewhat better after being up a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)