Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Treatments?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever tried a Homeopathic or Naturopathic type treatment for R.A?

angela.gif Angela picture by mrsbejaran

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KellyOh72
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I have not.

Dustyman
by Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I haven't but here's a BUMP!

mamatomy5
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Thanks for the bumps girls! But I have been doing some research and I don't really think there is anything that will keep the detereration from happening, inflammation and pain no problem but the important thing is keeping things in working condition! ;o) 

angela.gif Angela picture by mrsbejaran

sillymoo
by Group Owner on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I haven't yet, but I am curious to explore all of my options. I just have to wait until my husband finally gets his bonus. I am interested in chelation, especially since I have had several silver fillings and I broke countless old-school thermometers in my mouth as a child.  In the meantime, I use probiotics, organic teas, and exercise.

EllieB83
by Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I've tried a ton of things.  The most recent have been probiotics and large amounts of omega-3s.  I haven't noticed a difference though. I've tried the glucosamine and chondroitin too, but that never helped either.

Exercise helps more than anything!  My whole body just ached and I didn't want to get out of bed (not how a 25 year old should feel), but once I got on a good routine, I felt SOOO much better! 

I'm always up for new things though, if I find anything that works, I'll keep you updated! :-)

JenE4
by Group Admin on Feb. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I've tried the Omega-3 and Osteo Bi-Flex supplements, but there really was no difference. My Rheumy told me that those supplements will help osteo-arthritis because it's just natural deterioration of the joints so the supplements add a little lubrication. However with RA and PA (psoriatic arthritis, which I have), since it's an auto-immune disease the supplements won't make a difference. My husband got me a book called "How to Eat Away Arthritis" that talks about changing your diet. Eh, that book won't really let you eat anything, though, lol.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

sassymom78
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I'm trying the Homeopathic. I've learned quite a bit. We are thinking that the Arthritis comes from the fact that my liver doesn't function like it should. I've had my gallbladder removed and I've had kidney stones and this also comes from having kids. But where I'm  a little different is I've always had arthrits. I was diagnosed when I turned 18. When the doctor was going through my medical recorder he believe I had juvenile arthritis. Sense I've been doing the Homeopathic.  We have found out that I have restless legs. I take a natural pill for the swelling and pain and I also take these little white pellets that's go under my tongue at night. its sounds weired but it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)