Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this ra?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

hi mommas. new here. i haven't seen my doctor yet mostly because i just don't want to hear what he'll say. stupid, but true. here are my symptoms: i get really achy when i sleep, in the morning my hands, wrists, knees and feet are very swollen. i can't make a fist and it hurts to walk on my feet. it hurts to sit or stand because of my knees. this morning i couldn't even carry my coffee cup in one hand. it just hurts....after 4 or 5 hours it seems to get better but doesn't go away completely.

so, am i crazy or is this ra?

My imaginary friend thinks you have serious issues....

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sillymoo
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Yes, those are classic symptoms of RA. The sooner you treat RA, the less damage it does so go to your doctor ASAP. He should refer you to a Rheumatologist for proper treatment.

KellyOh72
by on May. 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Yep. What she said..

Quoting sillymoo:

Yes, those are classic symptoms of RA. The sooner you treat RA, the less damage it does so go to your doctor ASAP. He should refer you to a Rheumatologist for proper treatment.

camir
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM

wow!!! that sounds just like me in the morning....

SoarinEagle
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Oh yes, I wouldn't put it off. You really need to see a Rheumatologist. Yep, classic symptoms you're having there.
julie148
by Member on Jun. 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM

WE'RE NOT DOCTORS BUT WE HAVE THE SAME THING SO MY GUESS WOULD BE YOU GOT IT.   I'M THE SAME WAY AND SOMETIMES WHEN I WAKE UP TO GO TO THE BATHROOM, I CAN'T MOVE, I'M PARALIZED.  IT TAKES A WHILE BUT IT DOES MELLOW DOWN TO DO SOME THINGS.  

Quoting SoarinEagle:

Oh yes, I wouldn't put it off. You really need to see a Rheumatologist. Yep, classic symptoms you're having there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)