Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Was Your Delivery?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 383 Total Views
I had a wonderful delivery.  I had an epidural as soon as the doc would let me, and I felt nothing the entire time.  I had the nurse bring a mirror and I got to watch my son be born.  Really cool experience.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:18 PM
I had my baby girl 2 weeks ago by C Section.  The water around the baby was low and I later found out that the umbelical cord was wrapped around her neck twice.  During the pregnancy I was so scared of having to deliver that I secretly wanted a C Section, so when they told me that I needed one I was pretty happy!  Only when they started weeling to the OR room I began to get scared.  It was definitely an overwhelming experience.  I had a spinal and couldn't really move which only added to my anxiety.  It wasn't until my husband came back into the OR that I started to calm down.  After expressing some of my concerns to the nurse and being able to move my arms, I felt even better.  After all was said and done it wasn't nearly as bad as I was making it out to be.  All in all it is something I can chalk to an experience.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM
OMG! Where to begin? Let's start back in December 2006, I switched to one of my cousin's OB/GYN, because I was getting tired of being a # at Ben Taub Hospital (in Houston,TX). The first time I went to the new OB/GYN she said my BP was a little high, but to continue my Methyldopa, until the next visit, the second visit she took my BP, about 3x, and she told me to go to Memorial Hermann, immediately! Okay, so me and my fiance went and they was going to do a 24hr monitor of my BP, well that monitoring was longer than 24hrs.
I was crying and bitching wanting to go home, why can they let me monitor my BP's at home.

December 27th, 2006, my OB/Gyn decides to do induced labor,so the nurse stuck me in my hand several times with the IV needle to hit my vein,that f***ing hurt, I was transferred to the L/D room, I refused an enema, and nothings going UP my butt, I was only allowed ice water, no food and I started feeling annoying contractions, later my water broke, I opted for epidural it wasn't strong enough so the anestesiologist (I know I spelled it wrong) had to readjust the epidural.  The nurse shaved my "fluffy" (hey if men can name their penises, I can name my pubic area,Embarassed), and my OB/Gyn and nurses sticking their hands in my "whoha" to see if my cervix dilated. I was dilating too slowly so my OB/Gyn decides to do C-Section.

I was wheeled into the surgery room and I laid on a cold flat table in that cold ass room, my fiance was sitting next to me, holding my hand, "OUUUCH", I yelled as I felt the scalpel sliced the abdomen area.  Everyone went silent for a second and remained calm, one of the staff whisked my fiance out the room, and I looked up and one of the nurses started to talk to me to keep me calm.  An oxygen mask (or what ever they put on my face to knock me out) was placed on my and the next I know I was out of it.

I woke up in the recovery room I was going in and out of my sleep I was so drugged up. Doc came in to check on me and she had told that I had lost a lot of blood and almost died, but they did a blood transfusion and that one of my uterine fibroids blocked the cervix,which was why my baby wasn't sinking into my pelvis like she's suppose to , and my baby's fine, although she had apnea and a mild jaundice and is in the NICU for observation. Later on, my cousin came in and talked to me, then she had to leave because she had to pick up her kids. The nurse brought in my brand new baby and she was so tiny.  She was weighed in at 4lbs 12oz.  I wasn't released from the hospital until a little over a week after, my baby was doing excellent, enough that she was released from the NICU, about 5 days after her birth.

Anyways, I'm blessed to have my beautiful baby and to be alive and I hope I'm around to see my daughter grow up.
by on May. 8, 2007 at 10:37 AM
well lets see i went into larbor at 31 weeks and i didnt even know i was in larbor i went to the doc on jan 18 cuz i was feeling pain he told me it was just a the next day the pain got really bad i keep calling my doc but he said not to worry.... so later that night my mom said i had to be in larbor cuz i was in pain every 2 min.... once i got to the hospital they went to check me out and once they went to look my water broke as soon as they open my legs and they said they could see his head i was so scared i was ready at all.....i had my son with nooooo pain meds..i ended up giving brith to a 4lbs 18in lil boy
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 4:25 PM
On September 15 2004 at 5am I rolled over in bed and my water broke. My due date was November 26th. I woke up my mom and we called the Dr. She told us to go to the hospital. There, they started me on Magnesium Sulfate to stop the contractions that were already 3 minutes apart. They rolled in the ultra-sound machine and find out that my baby is breech. My Dr. say 'I don't do breech call antoher Dr.' I was furious. At 8:16am, after pushing only 4 times, I gave birth to my 2lb 8 oz daughter. No pain meds and she came out breech. The Dr. that delivered her let go of the umbliical cord and it went back inside me. So, he gets out the good ol' duck lips and sticks his whole hand up in there to pull it and the placenta out. I screamed the whole time. Only after that did they offer me drugs. I found out later why, once they got me into L/D my contractions stopped and my daughters heart rate went down to 70bpm. They had to help me push or she wouldn't be alive today.

My daughter spent 55 days in the NICU. I was there with her everyday. She was intubated for a while, she had reflux, GERD, and at one point she had MRSA which is usually only seen in nursing homes. I almost lost her. She's two now and she's so busy. She's not talking much yet but I know she will when she's ready.
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Mine was really fast. I got enduced two days before my birthday and I had him 10 hours later the natural way. All 8lbs 13.0 ounces of a 21 1/2 pound bundle. He was all up in my lung/rib when I was in labor which really sucked.
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 7:52 PM
On April2, 2007 I went into the hospital to be induced. I was 41 weeks gestation and the baby was making no atempts to come, no braxton-hicks, no effacement, and no dialation. After recieving cervidil my labor started. I was in labor for a total of 19 hours. I got my epidural after about 10 hours and I was in heaven. My doctor checked me when he did his morning rounds and I was 9 centimeters, so he broke my water and 2 hours later (20 minutes of pushing) my little boy was here.
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 9:32 AM
My labor and delivery was a very positive experience for me.  I had my son at a birthing center, not a hospital, which I highly reccomend.  After several hours of contractions, I decided to get the epidural.  I know people have lots of strong feelings  on whether to have the epidural or not but getting it was the right choice for me.  I was able to relax and talk to the nurses and doctors.  It was important to me to have a clear view of what was going on during my labor.  After several hours of watching myself have huge contractions on the monitor and not feel them, they broke my water for me.  I pushed my son out in 16 minutes!  I love being a mom and  I will never forget that day the rest of my life!
by on May. 10, 2007 at 6:29 PM
i was lucky to have a quick and relatively easy delivery. i felt contractions for the first time that morning and we headed to the hospital just in case! i arrived to the hospital and was 5 cm dilated. the contractions got worse and the nurse talked me into getting an epidural. after my water broke i am glad i agreed to the epidural. well, i waited what seemed like forever for the anestheologist. by the time he arrived i was 8 cm dilated and he said i really didn't need the epidural, but i was like yeah i do. then i eventually started pushing and when i saw my baby's head it took my breath away and i stopped pushing. after more pushes my son was born. i had a great number of nurses helping me out, except one. she told me to push harder, like i wasn't pushing as hard as i could. once he was out i cried! it was a beautiful experience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)