Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interacial Relationships/Marraiges

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 1313 Total Views

Question: How do you feel about Interacial Relationships/Marriages?

I am all for it.

I don't think it's right.

I've been in one, It did not work.

I'll never be in one, but It's OK for someone else.

I would not want my children in an interacial relationship.

I am in an interacial relationship and I love it!

I am in an interacial relationship and it's not working.

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 105

View Results

Interacial relationships.  Give me your honest views and concerns.  If you have been in one or are in one now.  What are the pros and the cons?
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:38 PM
My first marriage was an inter-racial marriage.  It didn't work about, but didn't have jack to do with race and everything to do with him being a liar and cheat.  I have several friends who either have been or are currently in one.  My son is bi-racial and so any relationship he has will be inter-racial unless he dates someone who is also bi-racial.  I just think that it isn't for everyone.  There is nothing wrong if it isn't for you either.  It is a personal decision and sometimes you have to have a thicker skin to deal with the skeptics and critical people that you will run into.  Colour doesn't decide whether or not you will fall in love with someone. 
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 10:38 AM
I appreciate your honesty,  this is what more people need to read.  These are real issues of our today.  Much gets swept under the rug.  But if it's talked about in a forum such as this.  People can get educated on such matters.  Maybe even better themselves.
by New Member on May. 11, 2007 at 12:25 AM
I have been in a few interacial relationships. I really did not have any problems with anyone not approving of it. Maybe it's because I am a strong woman who stands up for what she believes in. We are all human beings...the color of our skin should not matter. I started noticing peoples disaproval when I had a bi-racial baby.  I think it is very sad that our society is so small minded that they would disaprove of a loving relationship because we have different color skin.  I will have an interacial relationship again I am certain.
by New Member on May. 16, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Hi. My name is Elizabeth.
I am white and hispanic, and have always dated black men. Noone in my family has EVER done this before. My fathers side (latino) thinks there is nothing at all wrong with it. But my mothers side (white) belives it is the worst thing in the world. When I was 14 I had my first boyfriend, he was blck of course. My mom saw us holding hands one day, and the min I got into the house, she grilled me so bad! She told me everyone was going to say bad things about me, and if I ever get pregnant he wont take care of the kid bc he is black, and that I would have a mix blooded child. It really broke my heart to hear this from her.
Well, I didnt care! He was a great guy, and for a first crush, treated me extremly well! I now have a little girl who is mixed,  and is abou tto be three. My mother doesnt claim her, and tells people shes a "nigger baby" But I see it as her loss. Things didnt work out between myself and her father, but only bc a child was too much for us at such a young age.
Now I am engaged to a little alder black man who is a Correctional Officer, and who my daughter calls daddy. We are getting married in July, and expecting in November, and I couldnt be any happier wether he were white, black or hispanic!

by Group Owner on Jun. 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Good For you!  Congrat on your Engagement!  I have interracial kids as you can see.  They have their experiences to, but life it self is filled with lessons no matter what color you are.  Some may have more challenges than other but it still does not negate that we are all humans with blood running through our veins.  Some time that blood is the very blood type needed to save another's life. People ask for blood donations all the time at the Red Cross.   The number one thing is to teach your children to love all and hate none.  Hatred is the thing in the world that destroys life it's self.  I feel sorry for your mom.  She is missing out on great joys of her grand babies.  Some day she will stand before God and give account for such bitterness.  My prayer is that she wakes up to truth before it's too late.  You keep loving her though, don't take on her bitter ways.  You give your children something to look up to.

by New Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:18 PM
  My first marriage was to a white man, I had 2 beautiful daughters with him, and other than them that was all he ever gave me! After 7 yrs I finally got the nerve to leave!
   I had always loved black men, I met my husband about 7 months after my divorce, and we got married 8 months later, My daughters love him and call him daddy, because thats what he is to them. My family loves him so much and would do anything for him!
  I am from Mississippi, and he is from Alabama, which is kinda funny! But love doesnt have a color, and I love my baby more than almost anything!
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2007 at 4:44 PM

by New Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 5:24 PM

My father is Black and my mother is white, so pretty much whomever I have dated was always "bi-racial". hahaha. My husband is white, and I have always dated white men, simply because I have not seen many black men arouind here that has any sense. They all think they're gangsters and have no future.
I met a few that I "talked" with in highschool, but nothing serious.
My sisters are the same way, it's weird.
I wish Black men out there ( Black role models) would show some more respect for yourself, just because you grew up in poverty does not mean you lose your respect for yourself,and women.

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 12:03 AM
I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. I am white and he is Filipino/white. I could actually go into a little bit more detail about his background. He has an American grandfather and a Czech/German grandmother on his dad's side, and on his mother's side they are 
Fillipino with a little Hispanic background. I have always dated outside of my race, occasionally I would date a white guy but I never stayed with them long because they acted like jackasses. When I first met my husband I was a little nervous about telling my family about him. For my family it was taboo to date outside of our race. I told my mom about him first and it felt so good to tell her. I have never told her about other boyfriends that were not white. To my surprise she really didn't care. My parents welcomed him in like he was their own son. That was almost 5 years ago. We got married 2 years ago and are still in love. The only thing that bothers me is that my grandparents who helped raise me seem like they don't care for him. They talk to him and all but not like they do to some of my cousins significant others. I don't mind them though because you can't help who you fall in love with. My husband and I welcomed a baby boy into the world on May 4, 2007 and he is just the most precious baby in the world. He has brought our whole family a little closer. I love the diversity the world offers today, when you think about it nobody is one race, or culture anymore. It makes the world that much better. It's just time that other people realized that.
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 8:30 AM
 I dated white men most of my life, had 2 children by one.  The relationship was very abusive, and after 10 agonizing years, I got up the courage to leave.  I was raised in one of the 'whitest' states in the nation, so my family didn't inter-mix with alot of different people. To this day, I'm embarrassed to say that alot of my family is VERY Sterotypical. Now they may say they are not Racists, but sterotyping in my eyes is just as bad.  Funny though, all the white guys i dated either were alcoholics, abusive, or a combination of both, no motivation to work, etc.. but it was ok cuz they were white.

I am now married to a wonderful Black/hispanic man who is the best thing that could of ever happened to me  & my children.  He treats me like a queen and loves my children like they were his own.  Although my family's reception to him was not very nice, love conquered all. (His family's reception to us though, was very warm and inviting and we are very close)  We have been together for 6 years now! No children together yet, but the best is yet to come.  Its sad that in todays world, people have a hard time getting to know one another and learn from each other, no matter what background you come from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)