Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:42 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1425 Total Views
Hey Gals,

To anyone who actually finds this group....Welcome to Utah Valley Mommas! I started this group as I'm enduring the last few weeks of my first pregnancy and am quickly realizing how clueless I am! I'm also the first out of my group of girl friends to have a baby, so I've been feeling the need for mom-talk.

My most pressing question at the time is... how do you choose a good pediatrician? Let me know if you have any recommendations!

For a little info about me... I'm a 22 year old recent BYU graduate from the Recreation Management and Youth Leadership program. I come all the way from little Rhode Island and now live in Orem while my husband attends grad school at BYU. I love movies, home improvement shows, reading, learning everything about pregnancy and babies at the moment, family, and doing just about anything outdoors. I'm expecting a little boy in about 3 weeks! (hopefully at least!)

Let me know who you are!

Meg
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 18, 2007 at 8:39 PM
If you don't mind driving to Pleasant Grove/American Fork both Dr Wilcox and Todd Chidester NP at Utah Valley Pediatrics are really good and I also like Alpine Pediatrics (I'm an RN on the Post-partum unit at American Fork Hospital, so I know more than the average mom).  I take my three boys to Todd Chidester.  I LOVE him and so do they!  Good luck!
camrynsmom126
by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Hi! I'm a Utah Valley mom of two. I have a 6.5 yo boy and a 2.5 yo girl. I teach at an RTC for at risk high school boys. I'd like to get to know you!
Addys_Mom
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2008 at 4:21 AM
Hello. Im Stacie. I live in provo with my hubby and our two girls ( 2 years and 2 weeks) and im glad i found this group. I've been wanting to find some moms near me. I only have like one mom friend in the area and i just found out she's moving. Very sad. As for your question on choosing a pediatrician, i dont really know what to tell you. I dont know where your delivering but when i had my baby i still hadn't picked a pediatrician so i just went with the one they had on call and he was really nice so i decided to stick with him. So yeah. I know how you feel enduring the last few weeks of pregnancy. it sucks. lol. but so so worth it. :) Anyways thats me. :)
mortylady
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 5:29 PM
I live in Provo, but I grew up in Northern Wyoming and consider both places "Home". I have a super smiley little boy who is almost 7 months old. My husband is still going to school and is working full time. I teach piano and voice lessons. We recently moved into a new neighborhood and I made a friend, but then she moved! I have pretty rotten health, so sometimes I have a hard time maintaining friendships because I will have stretches where I just don't feel up to doing anything. I love baking and cooking, singing and playing piano, camping, movies, reading and spending time with my husband(who is super busy with work and school). I am so blessed to be able to be with my son all day every day, but I sure feel isolated sometimes. I was excited to find a Provo group on here!
ginabean4
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Hi, I'm Gina and I grew up in Orem.  I live in Eagle Mountain with my husband and 17-month-old little boy.  I also go to Dr. Wilcox and I love him.  He answers all my dumb questions and acts like we're his only patients even though he's busy.  He's very kind and really good with my son.  If you have certain things in mind you want from a pediatrician, you can always call the offices and ask them questions. 
dinagirl
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Hello! I am Diana I live in Orem. I have a daughter and expecting a little boy any day now. My Husband works full time and is attending grad school at the U so he is gone all day and then some.  I would love to meet more moms so I am not alone so much.!

mam043005
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2008 at 10:13 AM
I'm Mary Ann and I live in Provo by the stadium with my husband and 14 month old son and 7 week old daughter.  I was the first of my friends too to have a baby and any other friends I have now that have kids don't live in state, so I am excited to meet some other moms around here!  I take my kids to Alpine Pediatrics and I LOVE them!  I first went to Utah Valley Peds with Dr. Zollo, and hated it...my shortest appointment was 2 hours and all but 20 minutes were spend waiting.  At alpine, we've had to go in last minute and didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes.  They are great with both my kids...and will even help me when I have to bring them both in by myself. 
BlueyedsrfrMom
by on Jun. 8, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Hi! My name is Schannelle and I have a 2 year old son. We currently live in Payson, but my hubby works in Orem while I work at home. I'm originally from southern California (raised in Palm Springs) and moved here only about 4 years ago. I had moved to Salt Lake City to attend the LDS Business College, but I had a family before I could get too much accomplished. Someday I hope to finish my accounting degree while also earning a culinary and web design degree. Busy, busy :)

My other interests include movies (esp. horror), dining, crafts, cooking and baking, fishing, camping, and recently, gardening. I really hope I can get together with some other moms in the area and become a social butterfly (as opposed to a hermit)!
shandaleigh
by Member on Jun. 19, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Hi I'm Shanda. I have three little girls ages 6,5, and 2! I'm always up for meeting new friends for me and my girls. We love park playdates
cherrihill42
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Hi, I'm Sandra. I live in Spanish Fork
I work for Nestles aka Stouffers frozen Foods.
I have 3 adult children. (18,21,25) and 1(8)year old granddaughter.
My husband works contruction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)