Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bankruptcy!!!! HELP!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

My husband lost his job in December. We stopped making payments on our car and insurance, and we couldn't afford to re-register it in May. My car loan company tacked on a forced insurance so the monthly payment rose from 370 to 497. They refuse to work up a hardship rewrite to refinance to 250 a month even though my husband now has a new job. But. . . we are required to pay one payment of 497 to get it out of review status. I see no way of catching up. We are trying to sell it to a dealer, But we would need a loan to pay the difference an our credit is so shot I don't see how we could without a co-signer. If they repo- it, our wages will be garnished 25%. That's more than we could afford to live on, so I see no other option but bankruptcy. Unless anyone knows of a loan place that could work with us or anything else? I have till the 16th to find a solution.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CassidyL
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM

My husband and I have been in a simialr situation.  But then we had somebody sit down with us from Primerica.  Not only have I learned things that have changed my views, but I've found a way to build a solid future for me and my family.  If you want to check it out feel free to give me a call (801-367-0185)  you can also go to this website for some awesome info:  www.primerica.com/cassidy_liljenquist

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)