Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

List some ideas for uses?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
Can anyone list some ideas for uses? Say I could only buy 3 new ones (I have Peppermint).  What should I buy and how would I use the 4 I now have.

Thanks!
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sacredsilence
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 10:05 AM
You should never ever be without lavender, (please make sure you are getting lavandula angustifolia, or contact me directly and I will hook you up). Lavender is one of the few oils that is safe for adults, kids, dogs and can be applied neat (without being diluted) . It is used for calming the nerves, can be used on cuts and scrapes (after cleaning them well), can be used as a facial toner blended with herbal witchhazel, oh the list goes on and on.

Ok I could type all of this but I already have presentations I have done with all of this info...I will get it posted for all to read.
sacredsilence
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 3:30 PM
As promised, this came directly from a childrens aromatherapy class I taught, however oils used on children must be blended with a carrier oil at a particular dilution rate (with the exception of lavender). Please contact me with questions, I also make a children's first aid kit that includes blends for various issues using the below oils, you get seven massage oils and 1 air spray each in two ounce bottles, for $35 per kit. Contact me at sacredsilence7@msn.com. The below oils purchased seperately and for good quality run about $200-$250, someone who is not a professional really does not need full bottles of all of these, because in some blends only 1 or 2 drops are used and oils do have a shelf life. The price of the oils seperately does not include the cost for good carrier oils, lotions, or ointments to blend with, so I try to offer a good set of oils at a reasonable price, and diluted at a safe rate for babies. The other is if you buy essential oils in some cases you must know the correct species of plant, for example there are several chemotypes of thyme, not all of them are safe for children, the same goes for eucalyptus.

l lEssentials –Lavender- Calming, relaxing, and balancing; also antiinfectious, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, cooling. Used for cuts, grazes, burns, sunburn, insomnia, anxiety –

Lemon-Uplifting, cheerful and refreshed feelings; antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral. Cleanses air, water, skin and supports immune system, digestive and respiratory support –

Peppermint-Digestive aid, fragrance boosts stamina and mental alertness, antifungal, pain-relief. Peppermint helps muscle pain not associated with disease, reduces fever, digestive aid, headaches.

–Tea Tree-anti-infectious, antibacterial, antifungal. Rashes, insect bites, head lice, bronchial congestion –

Roman Chamomile-Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, calming.Pain relief, fevers, skin problems, rashes, teething pain, nervousness, calming, muscle spasms

–German Chamomile Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial. Skin problems, asthma, fever, wound healing, digestive complaints, nervousness

–Thyme Linalol Antibacterial, antiviral, anti-infections, antibacterial. All infections, including viral, colds, flu, muscle pain, coughs, pain relief

–Ravensara Antiviral, anti-bacterial, anti-infectious. Colds, flus, bronchitis, fever, sinusitis, whooping cough, chickenpox, measles

–Niaouli Antibacterial, antiparasitic, antiviral. Colds, coughs, sinusitis, flus

–Eucalyptus Radiata Anti-infectious, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory.
Bronchitis, coughs, colds, flu, fever, sinus, headaches, insect bites, rashes.

–Rose-Balances and elevates mind, reduces scarring
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)