Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 555 Total Views
HI!! My name is Kerrie and I am a single mom of 2 boys. Ages: 6 and 2 years old. They live with me full time and I also am self-employed (I do in-home child care). So I get to stay at home with my boys as well. Plus I get to work with children and my kids have fun as well :) Things I like to do are: reading, writing, arts & crafts, taking walks, the beach, camping, watching tv/movies, bike riding, swimming, shopping, playing bingo, listening to music, playing board games, bbq's, going to parks, hanging out with friends and family & just having FUN!!!
BUT about my weight (since that's why we are here) I have always been overweight and self-concious (sp?) about my weight and appearence. I get motivated to lose weight but I also want someone that I would need to report to about my weight loss or gain, my goals and achievments, my downfalls, ect. To be there to support each other and make each other get it right THIS time!!
So that's enough about me so far. I hope to get to know you all and have more and more members join here that way we can get more insight on how to lose the weight and keep it off for good.
By the way: I live in BEAVERTON, Oregon.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jetenginejenn
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 11:19 PM
Hi. The name is Jenn mother to 3 month old Vivianne. SAHM for the moment but will be returning to the workforce soon. Live in Surrey, Beatiful BC. Into yoga, hiking, reading, the beaches, House MD, shopping, music, dancing, and general fun. As for my my weight. Oh, I have been overweight most of my life almost 300 lbs at 13. Have lost and gained was semi-thin (150) before I got pregnant went to 210 now sitting at 168.
Good luck to everyone!
Let's do this!
themorrows5
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 10:10 AM
HI KERRIE! I JUST MOVED FROM BEAVERTON TO SOUTH CAROLINA. I LIVED OFF OF 185TH. I LOVED IT THERE. MY HUSBAND WAS A RECRUITER WITH THE MARINE CORPS. IN HILLSBORO. I JUST JOINED THE GROUP TOO. I LOOK FORWARD TO CHATTING WITH YOU.
rockmoma
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 11:48 AM
Hey there, my name is Renee mother of five wife of one and stay at home mom. I need help, lol. I want to be fit, healthy and be able to stay that way. Over the last couple of years Ive been putting on more weight and Ive got to stop int now. I want to know how to cook for myself and family so we can all eat healthy and keep us in our budget. I need to exercise more and be motavatid to do so. :)
Kerrie24
by on May. 8, 2007 at 12:50 PM
You know what I have thought about starting to do is (& I did this this morning with breakfast).

Breakfast:
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Strawberries
Pear

I just cut some of each up and put it in a bowl. It made a good amount I didnt even finish because I was full. And it was healthy!! You could also have yogurt and granola with it as well.

Lunch:
Salad mix

Mix in:
Cucumber
radishes
carrots
1/2 bell pepper
2 TBS. salad dressing

Dinner:
Chicken breast (no skin) you can find good maranides that arent high in calories as well
seasonings (mrs. dash, garlic, pepper, lemon, ect)
Brown rice
Salad (or steamed or fresh veggies)

Treat:
you can have treats so you dont feel that you are loosing everything you love. Just make them smaller. LOL I have trouble with that. it says 2 oreos so I will have 4-6 oreos. LOL

I have heard that you take your dinner plate and fill 1/2 of it with veggies (wether they be steamed or fresh). Then the other half should be with a good grains and lean meat. Do this with exercise and we should do great right girls :)

EASIER SAID THAN DONE LOL
sgrandia
by on May. 8, 2007 at 1:39 PM
Hi Kerrie24

Great subject, something I am very passionate about.  I was a single mom for 16 years, working alot, stressed out, and through it all, gaining weight.  I did every diet out there over the span of 30 years and like you, couldn't seem to make it work. I also have had a home business for 7 years, and of course at home - I ate even more.  I was up over a 100 pounds, which I gained over many, many years doing the diet yo yo. Tongue out

Anyway, last November my life change completely, and I am now down 85 pounds and getting healthy.  What I love about it, is the fact it wasn't done by dieting, frozen boxed meals, shakes, pills or killing myself at a gym.  This was done by looking inside me, figuring out why food and weight was an issue with me in the first place.  I was amazed by what I discovered and when I fixed the 'inner' me, the weight just had fallen off the last 5 months and still continues to do so.  Kerrie, I feel very strongly that if people would discover that food is not the problem, its why are you grabbing the food when your not hungry?  Your body is a reflection of what is happening within. I tell everyone I went in it for the weight loss, but discovering strong self esteem, self love, deservability, passion for my purpose in life and much more, the weight loss became a bonus.  I have a website, and no its not my home business, this is just a site I put up to help others and let them know there is a right way, a better way to find themselves and good health.  You can see photos of my journey, my storey and much more.  www.weightlossgodsway-faith.com

I wish you the best.

Sandy
Tiffanieb
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM
Hello all, I am a stay at home mother for now, I am looking into getting back into the work force soon. I have two beautiful little ones, Naomi who is 11 months and Ethan who just turned 2. Yes, they are 14 MONTHS APART!! I never had the chance to lose the baby weight from my little boy before I found out I was pregnant again. I was in the Air Force which helped a little losing weight, but I separated last July so now I don't really have the motivation to do any type of physical fitness stuff. My husband is the Air Force recruiter in our new town, but he isn't here as much and I hate working out by myself. I think joining this group and having the encouragement will really benefit all of us. Having a positive attitude and staying motivated will help with those extra pounds. Let's do it!!
mom2lcs
by on May. 8, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Hi, I'm a stay at home mom of the 3 boys.  I made the transition from work to home last August when school started, because I was expecting number 3.  That is where the weight comes in, he now 4 months old.   I struggled for about 18 months to lose the weight after my second child and with the support of a co-worker I lost almost all of it.  Now, I'm starting over again and I'm on my own.  My husband tries to be supportive, but doesn't really understand.  I'm also, new at this kind of thing.  It my take me awhile to get the hang of it.
Amber102
by on May. 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM
I just wanted to say that im in the same boat as you.  My kids are 13 months apart 10 months and 23 months right now.  My son was like 4 months old when I got pregant with my daughter, and I was breastfeeding so I didnt want to excersise and I couldnt diet.  I just stopped nursing my daughter and for the first time in my life I am ready for some sorta diet.  I did start excerising and its helping a lot so far, I just have a terrible sweet tooth. Now that I dont have to eat to nurse my daughter, Im finding it very hard to even have time to sit down and eata good meal.  It seems like now im always eating on the.  We just got a puppy and my kids are a little young and crazy with it, and I work from home managing an apartment complex.  My husband is an electrician and works wonderful hours.  Hes home at 3:30pm everyday from work.  You would think the weight would come off from being so busy and never having time to sit still...I wish!
leftoversmile
by New Member on May. 16, 2007 at 3:52 PM
hi, my name is addie and i am new here at cafemom.  i have 2 grown kids and 3 grandchildren, 2 whom i have pretty much raised.  they r 6 and 10 (the 3rd is 4) and don't live w/me anymore, but r right around the corner so it's still just as if they are mine.  i have been 50 lbs overweight and spent a very long time finding a way to lose it.  now i just try to stay as fit as possible.  and while i'm really not crazy about exercise, i do like to dance around my house like a crazy person when there's no one else around.  i even wrote an ebook on the plan i developed for myself that helped me to lose the unwanted lbs.
Linda101
by New Member on May. 26, 2007 at 2:12 AM
Hey there,
My name is Linda and I'm not only a registered nurse, but, also, I'm a Weight Loss, Health, and Wellness Coach.
I became this when I was over weight to the point of 199lbs and starting to have some health problems because of my excess weight.  I had always been a size 8 prior to that time, but the birth of my last son, along with depression, anxiety, and other stress related ailments, all helped me put on pounds. Now I am a size 10 from a size 16, and don't have much farther to go to get to my size 8.
A friend of mine turned me onto the business that I'm now in, and, of course, the products helped me loose weight, get rid of my anxiety, depression, and all the other aches and pains that I was having.   Now I look good and feel good to.  The bad thing is when you're dieting, you start getting down to the smaller sizes, and then it's very tempting to quit convincing yourself that you now feel comfortable.  Don't fall into that trap!  To be successful you have to reach your goals, unless of course you start feeling poorly then that's a whole different ball park.  Anyways, glad to be here, and I'll help you if you need me, just let me know by messaging me.
Linda.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)