Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Across the ocean- Germany

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1219 Total Views

My husband is in the military and we are in Germany near Weisbaden (30 min from Frankfurt). We just recently chose to homeschool my almost 5 year old due to lack of choice in schools and our lifestyle. Nice to travel whenever we want to around Europe!

by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
monkeyberry
by Helping Hands on Nov. 4, 2009 at 12:03 PM

That is awesome! 

Bigmamaof3grls
by Testing the waters on Nov. 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM

That's awesome.  My sister and I lived there with our parents in the early 80s for a few months. My father was also Military. It's great to be able to travel around Europe from there. It's cheap if flying within the continent. We have a lot of family In Gemany too we got to see.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I lived and was born in K-town, Kaiserlautern, and Landsthul, as my dad was stationed at Ramstein. We actually lived there for several years. 

holland0226
by Testing the waters on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Hi I saw your last post was in 2009, but I was wondering if you were still in Germany. We are moving to Wiesbaden or Hiedelburg in July/Augusty time frame and I was interested in homeschooling my daughters. What was your experience like? Any advice?

.Lovemythree.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Are you military? Homeschooling is "illegal" in Germany but being American and with the military you are allowed to homeschool.
We were at spangdhalem for 3 years and they had info about homeschooling on the base websites and the dodea website. At our base they just wanted you to let them know at the base school, my kids weren't school age at the time but I looked into it a little I know there were a few people homeschooling there.

Quoting holland0226:

Hi I saw your last post was in 2009, but I was wondering if you were still in Germany. We are moving to Wiesbaden or Hiedelburg in July/Augusty time frame and I was interested in homeschooling my daughters. What was your experience like? Any advice?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rsrangel
by Helping Hands on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Awesome!  When I was in high school, our family housed an exchange student from Germany.  I still talk to her today, though it's hard to communicate sometimes since she has moved back and forgotten a lot of English.  She always talked about how much she loved and missed it over there.  Enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)