Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Smart one is the one that is getting frustrated.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 511 Total Views

I need some advice please. My girls are losing focus. They are also complaining about missing there friends at school, which really weren't friends at all. In our town we have a friday play date with all the homeschool moms. So the get to play with the other kids. Another issues is that my smart kid is falling behind due to her getting so upset about little things and she also thinks she can't do it with out my help. Oh do I need some advice. LOL. I love homeschooling and want to stick to it, but there are times I tell them " would you like to go back to public school?" I feel bad after words but I am get frustrated now to. Because I can't see through this one.

Cabinmommycowgirl

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
auroragold
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM

They're young right?  I'm hoping it's just a phase because my 8 year old has been on my last nerve about "not liking school" for the past 2 weeks or so.  She even borrowed a video from the library entitled "How To Do Homework and Not Throw Up" so she could get pointers!

My approach has been to turn it around and ask what WE can do differently to make it more interesting.  We WILL do school and you WILL learn new things and they won't always be easy so let's figure it out together.

Many times when I put the ball in her court she sits there dumbfounded and has no answers - and we get right back to work!

Other times she DOES have some creative solutions that I try to put in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)