Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does Calvert work for multiple students/levels?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

I have 3 kiddos who are in 4th, 3rd, and 1st grade this year.  I'm thinking ahead about next year a little bit and I am considering Calvert.  I like the idea of having it all put together for me and planned out for the most part.  What I'm concerned about is how much "teaching" is required for each lesson.  The sample lessons they show are not much help in figuring out if I could do this type of program with 3 kids at 3 different levels and not consume my whole day working with each one separately.  Has anyone used Cavert for multiple levels and how did it work out?  Do you have any tips or suggestions to make it easier?  If it didn't work out, have you found something similar that works better? 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CharNC
by Welcome Squad on May. 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I have not used it. But I have looked into Calvert alot since we were considering using it.  One of the common things I saw was the 4th grade and under required alot of parent interaction.  This was one of the concerns we had as well.  We were considering Calvert but after doing a ton of studying we decided to mix and match our daily curriculum.  IF you are interested in seeing what we plan to do see the 2010/2011 Curriculum Plans post for what we plan on doing for our 1st grader.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)