Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, this is my first post

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 682 Total Views

I have homeschool 11 years with my own children...pulling them from public school in 1991 for various reasons.  I'm now working in my 9th year with my 2 granddaughters who have been with us since they were  infants.  I'm no expert, I'm still learning right along with them.  And I hope to keep learning.

I can across a site through one of the homeschool gourps I am a member of.  I know most of you are not in Missouri, or near St. Louis, but I thought i would share this because the ezine has a lot of information that can be used in homeschooling.  I haven't signed up to receive this ezine yet, but am going to.  My girls may not be interested, but one never knows, and I am interested in this kind of thing! We have 2 fish hatcheries near us, one 20 miles, the other 30 miles, and they are cool to see.  St. Louis is a 2 1/2 hour drive, but worth it for a field trip.

So, here is the URL:    http://mdc.mo.gov/sites/default/files/resources/2010/08/9698_6649.pdf

If this URL doesn't work, and you are interested in looking at it, please email me at   momofemmett@gmail.com   and I will send it in an email, that way you can click on it rather than type it in.  I make mistakes, unfortunately, and my eyes don't always pick up my mistakes.

Thanks to everyone who has posted that I have been able to read so far.  I'm busy getting ready to start our schoolroom on Tuesday, as well as getting my books ready for submission on CreateSpace through Amazon.  I write romance novels, and publishing is expensive...CreateSpace is free, but you can upgrade for $40 to get your books listed on a lot of book lists that go out to bookstores, estores, and more!  The free way just puts it with Amazon and their estore.  If you are interested in that also email me and I'll help.  They do lots of genres, so whatever you have, you can throw it to them and enjoy seeing your writings in print.  It can even be educational!

Have a wonderful day.  Remember, to combat your stressed days, turn it around and enjoy desserts!  Oh, by the way, I'm diabetic, and I've found a way that is helping my sugars come under control, lower the insulin I've been taking, and feeling better!  email me if you are interested in this also.  It costs less than $3 and lasts a long time...  Curious?  :)

Jan

by on Sep. 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
pyratwife
by on Sep. 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Thanks we have family in St. Louis and go out there once or twice a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)