Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we've got this now

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 7:57 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 658 Total Views

My youngest turned 5 in July and because he goes to speech therapy at the public school I thought it'd be a good idea to start him on a "structured" learning schedule.  This scared me a little because I waws already teaching my 8yo and I was having a hard time figuring out how to balance both kids. 

Well, we're now about 4 months in and, while not perfect, we're getting everyone educated! lol  I usually start my 5yo in the morning with his lessons (spelling, reading, math, science, grammar) and my 8yo helps some.  Then we do some joined lessons with both boys (math if the topic is suitable, social studies, science experiment).  Then after lunch, my oldest does his lessons which my 5yo likes to sit it on.

I think with some more time and practice we might be able to integrate more but for now this works.  I'm just happy it's no longer feeling overwhelming.

Kim                                                                       
 teacherHomeschooling mom and reading book addict

“Home is the best place for teaching many things, first and most important of which is how to think for one's self.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mamagirlz
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I'm glad it's getting easier on you!  I am HS for the first year a 6yo and 8 yo.  My 8 yo knows how to read very well so it's been quite easy having her do her own work with little help while I work with my 6 yo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)