Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

house cleaning ???

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 3495 Total Views

Do you have a house cleaning schedule? How do you keep up on the house and school the children at the same time?

My boys are 6 and 5 and they do have chores.

But I still can't keep up. If you have a house cleaning schedule please share it. And let me know how it works with homeschooling.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. 

by on Feb. 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeanutEmmynem
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this
You should check out www.flylady.net

Marla is awesome and has cleaning schedules and other wonderful ideas:).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Helping Hands on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM

My boys have a long break in the middle of the day where I get things done.  We have also have no school on Fridays and get everything caught up on that day.  As your kids get older you can let them do their school work with you just in the vicinty.  The older my kids get they easier it gets to keep everything clean.

lucsch
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Truthfully, I barely keep up and some things don't get done nearly as often as I'd like. Prioritize and do what you can.

sherribeare
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM
I have a very hard time keeping the house clean. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I always clean thoroughly and it takes forever. I'm sure it will get easier once my children are a little older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momversuswild
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I do a little every day while the kids do things that they can do on their own, but mine are 8,9,10, so they can do more without my constant attention.

smj1394
by Suzanne on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I can't keep up either - housework sometimes doesn't get done.

outstandingLove
by Doula Cheri on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Quoting PeanutEmmynem:

You should check out www.flylady.net

Marla is awesome and has cleaning schedules and other wonderful ideas:).

thanks. someone on THL suggested flylady.net also. I checked it out. I'll have to find ways to use it. :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. 

mamaof2n1angel
by shAunny on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

My  husband  mde up ours for me . once a day  ihave a room in the house to clean...  I have school blocked in 2 hr sections  for the  day. this is  flexiable too... 

PeaceChild
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:05 AM

My kids have daily five chores to do and I try to keep up with the core chores like dishes, laundry, floors, wiping surfaces, tidying up each day. I do want to know, however, how to fit in craft time somewhere into my day, or maybe even at least once per week.

brknangel
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I struggle getting things done myself...my dd is only 3 and requires a lot of attention and engagement. I have found it easiest to make a list of what HAS to be done on a daily basis : dishes, sweeping, keeping the living room clean and do these things during her down time. The bathroom and mopping get done every other day...and the more detailed cleaning gets done twice a week. I find it much harder when things go too long without cleaning and then so much time is spent catching back up. It gets overwhelming quick. Good luck. I wish I had better advice lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)